card cloned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
today i found that 50 pounds has been taken out of my account without me knowing, and after phoning nationwide i found out my card has been cloned and used over 200 miles away :biggrin:

Blimey...any idea where it was used for it to be cloned?

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
it was used in London, but i have no idea which machine it has been cloned from.

they said i should get a new card in 7 - 10 days and they will put the money i lost back in

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Card companies are pretty good at working these things out. They can tell by previous usage patterns. They usually refund the money pretty quick.

pes

That is real bad news.
Give me all of your card details including security number and relevant passwords and I will look into it for you :biggrin:

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
pes said:
That is real bad news.
Give me all of your card details including security number and relevant passwords and I will look into it for you :biggrin:

haha, there is hardly anything in there anyway :biggrin: just the 1 time i have money in it it gets stolen :sad:

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
Maz said:
My missus does that to me all the time.

lol thats no gd :biggrin:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Someone bought a flight in Antigua on my credit card last month. I'm still working to get the £371 back, which includes me having to phone Antigua to try to sort it out myself (how ridiculous!) This is apparently a new hoop that MasterCard require us to jump through. It's very annoying though as I've had to pay this month's bill which includes the fraudulent transaction.

I know it is all the red tape and you have to claim the money but I think you all have it the wrong way around.

If I put £50 in a bank then it is the BANKS £50 now. They owe me the money and may pay interest or offer me a free banking service in return.
Now if they leave the front door unlocked and the £50 is taken IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. They are looking after it so it is their problem.

When the £50 is in my pocket it is my problem.

So just tell them that they have allowed the wrong person to take out money from that account and to kindly put it back in. The issue is between the bank and the cloner.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Over The Hill said:
I know it is all the red tape and you have to claim the money but I think you all have it the wrong way around.

If I put £50 in a bank then it is the BANKS £50 now. They owe me the money and may pay interest or offer me a free banking service in return.
Now if they leave the front door unlocked and the £50 is taken IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. They are looking after it so it is their problem.

When the £50 is in my pocket it is my problem.

So just tell them that they have allowed the wrong person to take out money from that account and to kindly put it back in. The issue is between the bank and the cloner.

Sounds good to me!!!! I had mate!!! He was a right card!!!! Dread to think of him being cloned!!!!!

Top Bottom