Carlton Corsa spruce up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
I gave this old Corsa a good clean and service yesterday, this old workhorse has done a fair few miles since it was brought back from a near wreck some 5 years ago. A good wipe down, polish and lubrication was all that was required. I did put some new cloth bar tape on to bring this old fella back to parade standard. With some good weather forecast this weekend I feel the urge coming on to take the old Corsa on a few miles.

P9300027.jpg

Whilst I had the camera handy I took a few pictures of some details.
P9300050.jpg

P9300052.jpg

P9300057.jpg

P9300037.jpg

P9300036.jpg

P9300040.jpg

P9300045.jpg

P9300055.jpg

At some point soon Ill probably take the wheels to my local bike shop to be totally relaced as some of the spokes are starting to look a little tired, the old guy there always tells me that Id be better off getting the whole wheel done, that said when he does true up my wheels and replace the odd spoke he always does a terrific job.

Goldie

Über Member
Looks great as always - I love the poly mauve colour. What tyres have you got on there?

Moss

Ah yes, I remember having the Carlton Corsa with centre pull brakes! Although mine was a different colour (Bronze) Then there was the Carlton Corsa of the 1990's, They were all RED & WHITE built on a Reynolds frame.

I love the look of your old bike! I had a Raleigh Lenton from 1952, that was stolen in Cambridge a few years ago! 531, Reynolds Frame.

Moss

I was lucky enough to own a couple of bronze Corsas - lovely bikes.

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

Hi Goldie,

I did some miles on one of them, the exact same colour, also did my first 25,mile TT on it! About 66 minutes, or there abouts? a few years later I bought a custom made (Specially for me,) Bike; and got under the hour! Ah, memories.

diapason

Lovely old bike - and a darn sight better built than a lot of the modern stuff.

Top Bottom