Carol singers, pah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The kids of today. We've had 3 lots of so-called carol singers and all they do is mumble "We wish you a merry christmas.....and a happy New Year" and stick their hand out. What happened to "Hark the Herald", "Once in Royal..." etc.

Standards are dropping!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I don't answer the door to anything less than the local rotary club, complete with Santa on a tranny flat-bed, an antiquated stereo system and half a dozen song sheet-equipped singers (with Golden Retrievers)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I put in requests - unless they can sing them I don't pay up:evil: (In the Bleak Midwinter or all verses of Hark the Herald)

tyred

Legendary Member
I demand carol singers to turn up with a full orchestra. Then you know they're proper carol singers.

U

User482

I like to stand there and say nothing. When they fail to get past the first verse it's apparent to them and me that I'm not going to pay up.

Maz

Guru
rich p said:
all they do is mumble "We wish you a merry christmas.....and a happy New Year" and stick their hand out.
I hope you took this opportunity to remind them about the finer details of the credit crunch.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
I hope you took this opportunity to remind them about the finer details of the credit crunch.

Mrs rich p gave them 50p much to my disgust but she's a soft touch.

I used to give them money when they came knocking. look its a bit of entrepreneurial spirit, and for some of them the nearest they've come to working for something. I always made a point to ask what charity they were collecting for just to see how well they'd thought of the answers to questions.. and then started asking them about the charities and what other work they had done for the charities etc.. so it meant they were standing around chatting for a good 10 minutes...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ComedyPilot said:
I don't answer the door to anything less than the local rotary club, complete with Santa on a tranny flat-bed, an antiquated stereo system and half a dozen song sheet-equipped singers (with Golden Retrievers)

Wow!!! how weird, this is exactly what I did see last night going up and down my street (No Golden Retrievers though.. which on reflection is quite disappointing)

Maz

Guru
meenaghman said:
I used to give them money when they came knocking. look its a bit of entrepreneurial spirit, and for some of them the nearest they've come to working for something. I always made a point to ask what charity they were collecting for just to see how well they'd thought of the answers to questions...
Was it Save The Children by any chance?! :biggrin:

Top Bottom