Carradice saddlebags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristinaJL

3794581245_af0589f447.jpg

I've just ordered a carradice barley for my road bike with the hope that it will fit. :laugh: I have a brooks b17 saddle, but a 52cm specialized women's bike. Not ordered any bagman or SQR yet as I want to see how it will fit. So, would the bagman sport or SQR be a better bet, given that my seat is not the highest?

Also I just couldn't resist getting the camper longflap bag for my touring bike. :laugh: I only have a selle italia saddle for this one, so will I be able to put the straps round the saddle rails? I think my hubby will be less than amused if I spend too much more on accessories. :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
putting the straps through the rails might be possible but it's a bit of a bodge and the saddlebag will not be as stable.

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

djb1971 said:
Take a look here Christina, It gives you the dimensions.

thanks, looks like the sport one without the QR might just fit. Thanks!! Will see how the bag fits on my saddle when it arrives, then make the decision.

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

yay, my carradice barley and camper longflap arrived from wiggle this morning!! I have a Sue and a Priscilla bag!! Photos for those of you who are interested in how much can fit in the Barley. I could have got more in, even my waterproof trousers strapped across the top I reckon. :ohmy:

4473389588_711bd752ab.jpg

4472612507_1143da94d6.jpg

This is how it fits on a 52cm women's bike!
4472612905_a36c654733.jpg

I've ordered a sport bagman too, cos the bag was hitting the back of my legs and knowing me, that would get on my nerves after a long ride. :cry:

djb1971

Legendary Member
You pack too neatly!!
You can squeeze another bottle and some snacks in there too :ohmy:

The bagman will keep the bag from rubbing your shorts away :cry:

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

djb1971 said:
You pack too neatly!!
You can squeeze another bottle and some snacks in there too :wacko:

you've not seen me pack a suitcase. ;):laugh:

yep, definately could have fit in my 1 litre water bottle and numerous energy drinks/gels/bars and that's not considering the extra space left in one of the pockets. Had my puncture/repair kit stuff on one side.

I wonder how much stuff I can strap to the top once I get some bungees!! :tongue:

Darkmarkster

Über Member
thats some neat packing :biggrin: my only worry is that,and before i tell you this dont laugh :eek: i need to fit in some size 15 plimsoles into mine,because i decided it would be easier to walk around in plimsoles than carry big shoes or stay in cleated road shoes,so do you reckon that plimsoles,x1 pair of shorts,small wash bag,t shirt,socks,boxers,and a few little bits would fit in there? lol

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Darkmarkster said:
i need to fit in some size 15 plimsoles into mine, so do you reckon that plimsoles,x1 pair of shorts,small wash bag,t shirt,socks,boxers,and a few little bits would fit in there?

well, only having size 5 feet, I've not a clue how big size 15 is, but you could always strap the plimsoles to the top of the bag in a waterproof bag maybe? :smile:

the other stuff should fit in there ok, I reckon. or you could always try a carradice pendle - they're 11 litres I believe, but I've not seen one, and I don't think they have the extra metal on top for more straps, although you could always stap stuff on anyway with bungees.

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Darkmarkster said:
did i just notice you have a Tacx I-magic trainer attached to that bike? (Let me guess from Wiggle?) :smile: :biggrin:

oh, the bike is on my tacx rollers actually, but I got a front fork stand so I can use the rollers when my husband is not about in case I cycle off the rollers. :smile: Not that I have yet, I actually enjoy the rollers, but if I want to do the sufferfest fight club workout, I need to be using the stand, as it gets a bit dodgy sprinting on rollers at over 40mph - well for me anyway. :biggrin:

and they cyclists in the background on the pc is just a wallpaper from the sky website!!

Top Bottom