Carrera Subway LTD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I'm changing the white wheels on the Subway for the Bikehut Elements http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_163011_langId_-1_categoryId_228368 (I have the elements on my other bike) and I was wondering if its worth boosting up the gears from the current 21 speed it's at now, to a 27 speed as I already have a Sram x.7 rear derailleur sitting in a box on my shelf doing nothing.

This would just mean buying a new scram X.7 shifter and 9 speed cassett / chain, but would I see any benefit from upping the gearing? .. I'm not concerned about the front derailleur as I only ever use the middle chain ring always.

Most of my riding is done on cycle paths / roads / gravel paths ... there're a number of large hills in my area, but I can cope with these as the bike is now.

I intend to make the Carrera my No1 bike and use it the most and save my other bike as a second or to be used when friends want to go for a trip out with me.

many thanks in advance

Norm

Horsfall

i have the same bike as was considering upping the gears, but dont really have the know how to do so

Top Bottom