Carrying a Brompton on a rucksack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rowan 46

Über Member
A stupid idea perhaps but what about one of those baby stroller /trailers? push the bikes in the stroller then hitch to one of the bikes and ride back to the car

chriscross1966

Über Member

Trickedem

Guru
My wife and I are doing the same. Just one section to do in Kent; from Shepherdswell to Dover. We've mainly used the train, but we have used taxis and buses. Pm me if you'd like to borrow my shopping bike, which is in the category of 'unlikely to be stolen' !

There is no way I'd consider lugging my Brompton more than a couple of miles.

OP
OP
swansonj

swansonj

Guru
IMG_0989.JPG

One Brompton, padlocked (with two different U locks and a cable lock to two separate fence posts) this morning at the intended finish point of today's walk, before driving on and leaving the car at the start - and I'm happy to confirm it was still there when we arrived back at the same point after the walk. Only got to get away with it on two more days now....

My wife uses a wheelcair, but can manage short distances on foot

We had a system

Find a pub for lunch
Drop her and wheelchair off at start
Park car in Pub, and walk back
Do the walk, sometimes with her walking and me in the chair

Finish at pub, have lunch

It only requires planning

As an aside...

We had a mobility scooter prior to the wheelchair, and were on Catbells' access track

A couple of serious walkers objected vociferously about the scooter.

So i introduced myself as a representative of them "Disabled off road racing club" and explained we were researching the route for next years event where we expected a thousand scooters and wheelchairs being timed across the route

Watching them fume was a brilliant (if petty) revenge for their discrimination and I can only imagine the Grink in the local papers in the next week or so

rualexander

Legendary Member
https://flic.kr/s/aHsjE8b4LF
Works well, no problem with the weight if you are used to any sort of backpacking.
I just used a small daypack and attached my Brompton to it with bungees.
That walk was about 5 miles.
Good option for making a round trip out of what would otherwise be a there and back walk.
I've subsequently bought a backpack harness (backpack with no bag part) from Polish company Wisport but they don't seem to list it anymore. Other makes of harness only backpacks are available from elsewhere.
Cheapest option is just to adapt what you already have of course.

Top Bottom