Carrying bike by Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
So next week it's back to work for wife. I will thus have to take 2 x children to my parents 3 times a week.
They are both young and thus in Car seats. I used to fold down my rear seats and carry bike that way but I won't be able to do this.

I could take off both wheels and see if it's fits in the boot.

But if this is not an option what's the best way of carying a bike.
Roof bars will cost too much £££ (Alfa Romeo) and I don't want a bike carrier on the back as it's too long to set up and take off daily.

Edit
I may have 60/40 folding seats so will try this 1st.

Otherwise I am thinking tow bar

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm not sure there is an easy way. Dismantle bike and put in boot I suppose, otherwise it's roof bars and carrier or rear tow ball mounted carrier. Either way you're looking at serious spendies.

I got my roofbars and carrier from http://www.roofbox.co.uk/. I don't think there is a cheap or easy option I'm afraid.

lazyfatgit

I picked up a set of 2nd hand thule roof bars on ebay for less than half retail price. I've had to buy different fixing kits for each of the cars we've had but I'm still using the same bars and footpack.

Towball mounted carrier is by far the most convenient, but there's a lot of expense getting a towball fitted and getting a good carrier. I had a cheap carrier and a trailer board and even that could be a bit of a faff.

Jim_Noir

I'd go for a roof bar Idea. I can get a couple of bikes in my boot with the seat down, but not good if there are 3 off us! Halfords own make gets a good write up with car enthusiasts

Top Bottom