Cars are rubbish........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Audi's...pah..bikes rule ............:biggrin:

Filtered in between two rows of traffic at lights - passed one Audi TTS on the outer lane, and an A4 on the inner....lights started changing....... The TTS was revving his engine...get a life....... :wacko:

Out accelerated the two Audi's side by side from lights to get through before they were stuck on red... one A4 2.0T (To55er version) and a TT-S (Top To55er - Super class - actually a proper version for once) - the A4 beeped at me as I passed him ;), and I then passed a Berlingo in front of the A4..........losers !!! ......Get a bike.... :biggrin:

Oh and I wasn't going fast either (no bragging)..... cars have zero chance against a bike in traffic.... go chill.... PS never saw either again - made a good 5 minutes on them in the half mile before I turned off..... :biggrin:...

potsy

Rambler
Good story that,til you mentioned passing a Berlingo:biggrin::biggrin: oh dear

NigC

I bet I'd beat you on a 200 mile journey from my home to my sister's though :laugh::rofl:

But it is ridiculous that so many people choose to take the car, on their own, and sit in traffic getting all frustrated at sitting in the traffic. When they could be moving a whole lot quicker and getting some exercise too. Especially when, at the moment, the weather is lovely. It took me a loooooong time to realise it too.

Those comfy car seats can be quite inviting though when it's -3 outside, raining and there's a nice gail blowing (which is always in your face!!!) :biggrin:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I followed a 355 spider from Earls court to New cross (that's almost 10 miles) and catching up with him at almost every set of lights.

Each time we stopped he gave me a little look of "You again!" (I tried to sit in the same place/position each time we stopped)

"CYCLIST OUTRUNS FERRARI!!"

he he

in truth we probably keep up with most the cars on our routes but this bright red 355 was just so easy to spot (and hear)

NigC

benb said:
Who's this Gail, she sounds ... accommodating.

Can't say, but I always feel exhausted after I see her :tongue:

One got upset by me today whilst he was in a line of traffic

I REALLY don't know why, I never passed him, or at any point was in front of him (since to do so would have meant filtering by buses in a long stream of buses pulling in and out and my bus gate turnoff was only a short way off so not worth it) but he was insistent on deliberately braking quite hard in front of me about 3 times to make some mysterious point

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
jonny jeez said:
I followed a 355 spider from Earls court to New cross (that's almost 10 miles) and catching up with him at almost every set of lights.

Each time we stopped he gave me a little look of "You again!" (I tried to sit in the same place/position each time we stopped)

"CYCLIST OUTRUNS FERRARI!!"

he he

in truth we probably keep up with most the cars on our routes but this bright red 355 was just so easy to spot (and hear)

Isn't it great when that happens? :smile:

I have been tempted to say hello to a few but their look of utter disbelief has always stopped me and made me just grin. :blush:

potsy

Rambler
Sheffield_Tiger said:
One got upset by me today whilst he was in a line of traffic

I REALLY don't know why, I never passed him, or at any point was in front of him (since to do so would have meant filtering by buses in a long stream of buses pulling in and out and my bus gate turnoff was only a short way off so not worth it) but he was insistent on deliberately braking quite hard in front of me about 3 times to make some mysterious point
Pure jelousy/frustration,what a shame.
Had a cracking 3 days this week working til 4pm,normally finish at 2 so don't get to filter too much,it's so much fun,especially when you get a really frustrated driver to laugh at:biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Out ran a scooter this evening...... accelerating from lights (from behind)..... owned..... never caught me after that.:smile:

Scooters are rubbish...............:tongue:

I remember last year keeping pace with a scooter for a mile or so on the flat, doing just over 30 mph. He kept on looking in his mirrors, looking very concerned, and hunching over his handlebars to try and ease his speed up. Shame I can't keep going at that speed for long.

Top Bottom