Cateye SingleShot Plus number 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4CKO

Zyro the importer sent me a new one very quickly, it lasted about 2 weeks worth of commutes and failed in the same place, i.e. the bit on the lamp that the bracket slides into, the lady actually rang me having received my email and was very helpful, she acknowledged there was a problem and that they would be speaking to CatEye about it as its not acceptable. I would suggest that anyone that does a bumpy commute on a rigid bike or any off roading avoids this light like the plague.

I spoke to Cyclestore.co.uk from where I bought it, again, very helpful and offered me a refund or credit towards another light.

The guy suggested the lower model, the plain single shot which is lighter and does not suffer the bracket problems but I said I need more light, not less due to the very dark and unlit lanes I use so he suggested a Hope Vision 2 at £175, £100 dearer than the CatEye but a lot better built and more output.

I have a couple of the Tesco torches which are fine but I wanted a flashing capability and decent run time.

Any thoughts,

hackbike 6

I've used BM's Fenix out here and it's been great in flashing mode.Within the first five minutes I had to dip the light as I had two motorists flash me.It's great how LED technology has progressed nowadays.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I purchased a trelock LS725 yesterday from my LBS (£30) which runs on 4 AA and it pumps out 8 LUX with a claimed run time of 30 hours on constant and 80 hours flash mode.

Good spread of light on the unlit country lanes ride on. ;)

hackbike 6

41BW1h5ZfdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If this is it,it looks good and it would work on my system.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
hackbike 6 said:
41BW1h5ZfdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If this is it,it looks good and it would work on my system.

Yes thats the one, have to say I was well chuffed with the output.

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

I just stuck on the return form for them to send back the Hope Vision 2, like the stem mount which will avoid bracket woes, I justify the extra money by not spending it on petrol.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Let's have your review of the Hope Vision 2 when you get it - you do need good lights on those roads - I had what early 90's technology had when I commuted on them... BLT's that cost £80 back in the early 90's.....

OP
OP
J

J4CKO

Yes, I need them to dazzle people, like the daft bitch in the new Discovery using ALL the road as she was on an important phone call, if I had been in my car, she would have hit me.

Top Bottom