Cateye Strada wireless silly question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo

I got the above for Christmas to replace my old wired computer that has given up the ghost. Anyhows, looking at the instructions and sensor, it seems to require fitting to the right hand fork. No problem but to then have the unit in line with the sensor for the best reception that would mean moving my light mount across to the other side of the handelbars in order the accommodate the computer on the right hand side. Not a major problem I know, but before I move everything am I going mad or am I right thinking it has to go on the right hand side?

Could possibly fit on the stem, but my stem is really short so it's a little tight to get clearance re getting the computer on/off the bracket.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My pick-up is on the right fork with the display on the stem. There is no line of sight between the two, so I don't think it can be that important. I can't see any reason why you can't put it on the left fork. Just turn the pick-up upside down so that the body of it is behind the fork, not in front of it, so that it can't jam in the spokes if it gets knocked.

EDIT! I made a mistake. To decrease the risk of the pick-up jamming in the spokes, the pick-up should be in front of the fork, not trailing behind. Sorry for the error.

OP
OP
Willo

Willo

Thanks all. Have it all set up and working on the bars, but will have another look at mounting on the stem if I want to free up the space.

EDIT! I made a mistake. To decrease the risk of the pick-up jamming in the spokes, the pick-up should be in front of the fork, not trailing behind. Sorry for the error.

Although the instructions specifically state it should be behind the fork. I put mine there, with the head on the RH side of the bars, works well.

Top Bottom