Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse 2017 tour of Mull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a passenger only boat and I'm not sure if they will accommodate bikes. Failing that, you have the 2 or 3 mile ride to Western Ferries at McInroys point from Gourock train station.
I've never had an issue taking the bike on the Argyll passenger ferry. @Pat "5mph"'s bike might cause it to sink though :laugh:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Meant to say, @Brandane - thanks for your reply about Fairlie Moor Road. I tried doing some research but when I typed "Fairlie Moor Road" into google and it autocompleted to "Fairlie Moor Road Dogging" I found myself unable to continue further research :shy:
I thought the autocomplete facility worked by searching your browsing history?
I was wondering what you were doing cycling on Fairlie Moor Road, after dark................ :whistle:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I thought I had replied on this thread, but for the avoidance of doubt I am most definitely up for this! I shall try not to break any more bones in the next few months so I can make this year's tour! ^_^:B)
Well, see that there was no responses for from the boys, us girls are booked in.
There was hardly any accommodation left, so I had to hurry, sorry, but there was a deadline :tongue:
Three of us (me, @flyingfifi, @User46386 ), maybe also another(non cchatter), will leave from Greenock on Thursday the 15th of June 2017, cycling to Gourock, taking the ferry to Dunoon, ride to Lochgilphead where we stay the night.
On the Friday we will cycle to Oban (@Turdus philomelos will cycle towards us from Oban, then back 'cause she could not get the Thursday off) then we will take the ferry to Craignure in Mull, then cycle to Tobemory, where we have booked into the YH leaving on Monday.
Then we will do it all again the opposite way, after having explored the island :biggrin:
Garmin routes by @flyingfifi to be published shortly.
All welcome to join us at any point of the tour, but now you'll need to arrange your own sleeping quarters :smile:
Ciao! :smooch:

flyingfifi

Über Member
Well, see that there was no responses for from the boys, us girls are booked in.
There was hardly any accommodation left, so I had to hurry, sorry, but there was a deadline :tongue:
Three of us (me, @flyingfifi, @User46386 ), maybe also another(non cchatter), will leave from Greenock on Thursday the 15th of June 2017, cycling to Gourock, taking the ferry to Dunoon, ride to Lochgilphead where we stay the night.
On the Friday we will cycle to Oban (@Turdus philomelos will cycle towards us from Oban, then back 'cause she could not get the Thursday off) then we will take the ferry to Craignure in Mull, then cycle to Tobemory, where we have booked into the YH leaving on Monday.
Then we will do it all again the opposite way, after having explored the island :biggrin:
Garmin routes by @flyingfifi to be published shortly.
All welcome to join us at any point of the tour, but now you'll need to arrange your own sleeping quarters :smile:
Ciao! :smooch:
:rofl::cycle:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Apart from you: you're not sleeping in preparation of LEL :laugh:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Was up on Mull at the weekend doing the Mull sportive, what a stunning island loved every minute of it, weather was a bit windy in places but that's to be expected, it was p!ssing it down in Tobermary at the start of the sportive but a few miles out of the village it was bone dry and it pretty much stayed like that for the full route.....Some of the roads are simply stunning and the views were amazing, didn't find the route too hard but it did get a bit lumpy from Burg back towards Tobermory

as I said an amazing island

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Well, as one of the girls has pulled out at the last minute, we have now a free bed (we have a room for 5) at the Tobemorry youth hostel, from Friday the 16th of June 2017 to the Sunday (leaving on Monday).
Anybody (female obviously) interested, pm me :okay:

Top Bottom