CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Ride out on the 23rd of July, meeting in Dunblane at 10.45am. The more the merrier :hello:

Ok it is about time we organised another ride out so here is my attempt at organising one.

It has been suggested that we meet at Dunblane? I am up for that.

;)

MrRidley

Sounds good Jane, but why not just put the date for the ride up as being on the 23/24th July then we'll see who turns up, i'll make that weekend anyway.

MrRidley

That's settled then, the 23rd it is :biggrin: all you need to do now is change the header of your post to reflect this and put the start time down as 10.45am :thumbsup: and we shall see who turns up. I'm sure there's a route knocking about somewhere, or one of the Stirlingshire folk may have one, failing that we could make it up as we go, i'm quite good at that :tongue:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Doh!! I don't know how to change the header title :wacko:

However 23rd in Dunblane at 10.45 the more the merrier and remember no one gets left behind on a CC outing :bicycle: and there is always the obligitory stop at a cafe somewhere for a coffee and a cake :hungry:

jim55

Guru
i would b up for this dunblane is a bit away from me but i can put the bike in the car ,,,however as it would prob b my first real group ride im concerned about how far and stuff ,,where du have in mind ,,i take it would b all road (please say yes lol):thumbsup:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm a possible for this one, I'll have to let you know nearer the time but I'll plant the seed with SWMBO now and we'll see how it goes down. I'm assuming a stop at Corrieri's?
thumbsup.png

What sort of distance do we want to do and I can look at a route?

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Jim55 yes all road, as we will no doubt be taking our road bikes well I am anyway.

As for the distance I have no idea, I don't mind how far we go.

I would also drive through, with my bike in the back of the car, as it is too far to ride there and also go on the ride for me

:hello:

MrRidley

I'm a possible for this one, I'll have to let you know nearer the time but I'll plant the seed with SWMBO now and we'll see how it goes down. I'm assuming a stop at Corrieri's?
thumbsup.png

How about 40 or so miles ? would that be suitable for most people ?
Sam the last time we done a run from Dunblane we headed towards Loch Venachar which was a good day out, but anywhere really around Dunblane/Stirling area :thumbsup:

scook94

Veteran
thumbsup.png

The last ride from Dunblane went round Loch Venachar. Not terribly suitable for road bikes IIRC, I've only done it once and was thankful for the knobbly tyres I had on at the time.

I'm sure Sam can find a suitable, flat-ish 40-50 mile ride though.... ;)

fimm

Veteran
OK, this is somewhere in the unknown that is the other side of next Sunday, so I have no idea if I could come or not, but I'm posting on the thread to try and keep it in mind.

Top Bottom