cells inside a 36v 13a battery help please

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by billym0404, 18 Feb 2018.

1. billym0404

billym0404 Active Member

so i keep looking inside battery's. now as i understand it using 3.7v 18650 2600mah cells. i should use 10s5p setup. so 50 cells. every picture i look at of a 36v 13a battery even though it says 10s5p contains more than 50 cells

every one i look at is like this, so what am i missing please. wht do all the ones i look at contain more than 50 cells. ass you can see by the picture this on contains 55 cells yet it says
    36v13ah(10s5p 18650 2600mah )

help please

Attached Files:

2. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Veteran

10 series (ie giving you 37v nominal) and 5 parallel (giving you a capacity of 5 x 2.6Ah = 13Ah). Perhaps they're not confident of achieving 3.7v in all the cells (and there'll be connection losses) so 11 x 3.7 allows for that and to make the spec with assurance. There's a fair bit of variation in medium quality 18650 batteries and a steady (though very gradual) drop-off as the battery pack is in use. If it's a couple of volts over the motor will be entirely content. If it's under 36v, motor will be less 'happy'.
    HTH

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
  3. OP
    OP
    billym0404

billym0404 Active Member

4. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Out of interest how are you going to solder them all together, I have tried in the past without success, as for getting the factory tabs off that was not an easy one either.

5. OP
    OP
    billym0404

billym0404 Active Member

ive bought a spot welder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice