Chain Reaction Cycles - Not Impressed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugner

Anybody ever managed to get through to them on the phone?? I was sent the wrong item. Whenever I ring the phone (for the last 2 days and this morning) it is either engaged or there is a pre-recorded message to say to try again. They haven't responded to my e-mail either. All I want to do is return the wrong item and get the right one.

They may advertise as the World Biggest Cycle shop, shame they haven't got the world's biggest call centre to take my call :thumbsup:

Bigtwin

They are totally random- sometimes great service, sometimes the opposite. Phone is always a dead loss though.

It's what you put up with for free postage so far as I'm concerned.:thumbsup:

So far touch wood, I've found them very efficient and fast. I only use wiggle, CRC and Probikekit depending on who has got what I want/ whose cheapest and I've never needed to contact any of them, so my experience isn't exhaustive . Delivery wise I've found them to be similar but I heard similar things said about their phone service and hope I never need to phone them.

barq

I mostly like them but had an order stuck at the processing stage for a few days last week. My email took 30 hours to get a reply which seemed a bit too long but not a disaster.

Hope you get some joy soon.

scook94

Veteran
Only phoned them once (to find out what their cut-off time for next day delivery was) but got straight through after only a couple of rings.

Goffins

Bugner said:
They may advertise as the World Biggest Cycle shop, shame they haven't got the world's biggest call centre to take my call :rolleyes:

Not to be obtuse but it's this very reason why they can offer such great bargains.

Pay more for your products elsewhere or stop complaining.

e-rider

crappy member
The phone line is useless but you might get through if you keep trying. E-mail replys take about 1-4 days from my experience so you might have to wait a little.

As for being sent the wrong item, it has happened to me several times now with CRC - sometimes it's been something "completely" different. I think they pick by ref. number and don't even look at the product to check if it's correct.

You don't really need to talk to them, just send it back with a returns form and expain what has happened and what you want (refund or exchange) - it is annoying though but I guess that's what you get for low(ish) prices.

I'm starting to shop elsewhere these days but all on-line shops have their problems. Wiggle.co.uk seem pretty good but do make mistakes too.

wyno70

I've used this fella a few times now and the delivery has always been next day, email response time has been about an hour and only problem I've ever had (which was my fault for ordering wrong size) was resolved (new product arrived) within 2 days!

I'll be using him every time in future:

www.highonbikes.com

briank

Have never had a problem with CRC, so can't comment on response when things go wrong.
They're not always the cheapest - especially for some consumables like tyres - but often enough that they're now my site of first resort.

woohoo

Veteran
wyno70 said:
I've used this fella a few times now and the delivery has always been next day, email response time has been about an hour and only problem I've ever had (which was my fault for ordering wrong size) was resolved (new product arrived) within 2 days!

I'll be using him every time in future:

www.highonbikes.com

+1. Got my new Mavic wheels from them. Check their ebay prices first; sometimes they are better than their own website.

e-rider

crappy member
dotbike.com are extremely helpful but their prices are all over the place - some stuff is cheap but other stuff is insanely expensive.

Top marks for customer service though.

Top Bottom