Chain Reaction Cyles Offer Let Down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not really sure this is the right area to be posting this, but just wanted to see what you think about a problem that I have just experienced with CRC. I'm going to hear them out tomorrow before deciding what to do.

The offer they had on was spend £100 get a £50 voucher off your next £100 order. Very simple and only valid on items in stock.

I bought some pedals for £103 and promptly got my voucher which was just my order No.

Went back online and ordered a saddle which was listed as in stock and cost £139 which meant I only paid £89 + my £50 VOUCHER. Couldn't have been happier.

Today, 13 days later, I get an email saying can't provide you with the saddle here's your £89 back and a £5 voucher for your inconvenience.

As it stands I am of the opinion that they can have their pedals back as well as I feel conned about the £50. If they can't honour their offers they shouldn't make them. I have also said that I don't mind waiting till they restock as the bike is put aside for next year.

Last thing that is really irritating me is that these item were going to be christmas gifts from my family which my wife was going to wrap so my kids could watch me open them. That now looks likely not to be happening

that is completely out of order, Have you tried reapplying the voucher to another purchase? What happens when you do? If they cancelled it, I would make a noise on their Facebook site and see how they like it! Sad sometimes you have to resort to these methods to be heard. DO NOT ACCEPT or use the £5 voucher, you have not cancelled the ordered, they have! :cursing:

BTW before you do that check on the voucher T&C's if it states anywhere that if they cancel the order for any reason the voucher will be forfeited!:blush:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Have they cancelled the £50 voucher, or is that still valid for future purchases?
Seems very unfair if they have cancelled the £50 voucher and given you a £5 instead.

OP
OP
S

SoloCyclist

Let them know you are unhappy and give them a chance to sort things out.

Spoke to them today and it does seem that it was an oversight that the £50 was not returned. Because the order was cancelled at their side it did look as though I wouldn't be able to order the same saddle as it is no longer in stock but they have agreed to extend the period the voucher is valid for so that when it does come back in stock, website states the 20th Dec., then I'll be able to reorder.

All in all, I'm happy with the outcome, but I'll be happier when I know it has gone through. Failing that they do give you up to a year to return things so fairly confident I won't lose out.

To their credit they were very courteous and made the effort to resolve the situation.

soulful dog

Veteran
Good to hear it's sorted. They seem a pretty good bunch. I had a recent order that they'd advised me incorrectly on the size of mudguards I needed for my bike. Exchanged no problem and when I told them to not worry about refunding the postage costs (after getting such a good deal on the bike I wasn't worried about £5), they did so anyway.

Edge705

Interestingly I note chain reaction 20% discount vouchers cannot be spent until Xmas day and again only on in stock items I’m keeping an eye out on the prices to see if they go up and to see if they mark certain items out of stock. You have to watch out for these offers the software these sites use is geared up to this sort of selling tactic hence why wiggle got pulled up. I would much prefer the odd 10 quid voucher now and again and to keep prices competitive rather than all this 50% discount rubbish. Yes there are some bargains to be had genuine ones but they are far and few between I have already provided examples of how the system works and no doubt others would have picked up on it. If an item is 9.99 for months then all of a sudden a 10 percent voucher comes along but that item is now 10.99 you’re not really saving anything but you could argue the companies have the right to increase prices However if upon checking some weeks later and the voucher has expired and amazingly the item is back down to 9.99 you have to conclude that in fact when the voucher offer was on the company had increased its prices to make it look as if you were getting a discount when you were not. I’m afraid it happens I work in the industry that helps write the software Don’t forget these companies have a living to make they need to entice you back hence the constant offer emails However where they excel is in customer service assuming you get the right experience then you’re bound to go back to them. I used to be out an out wiggle mainly because of their stock levels and fast despatch but I’ve now learned to shop around especially when wiggle failed to stay competitive Here is another example on Ribble if you spend over £35 you get 20% extra off your bill and in my particular case a set of tyres are dearer at Ribble with the 20 percent off than they are at chain reaction with no discount other than the standard chain reaction discount. I’m afraid it’s a number game and the winner is the early bird who is careful to grab a bargain when he sees one

OP
OP
S

SoloCyclist

Well. I was quick enough to let people know when I wasn't happy with them, but it seems that all is going to be well with the order.

I got my email reminder saying the saddles were back in stock today so I went ahead and ordered, even though the site wouldn't recognise my voucher code they have assured me that they wil refund me my money once the saddle is despatched.

So all credit where it is due. Chain Reaction have done all they could have to make sure this has been resolved.

Top Bottom