chainring replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_bing

Über Member
hi peeps

i'm looking to replace the chainrings on my Campagnolo Mirage crank as i have 52/39 tooth chainrings fitted, and i'd like to fit slightly more uphill-friendly ones (50/34 perhaps?) when i cycle in wales.

my question is are all chainrings a standard fitment (i imagine not) or do i need a specific make?

You don't need a specific make, but you do need to get the right BCD measurement. This is simply the measurement between the chainring bolts, eg: 110 mm
I've just changed the rings on my FSA cranks on the CAAD, they were 110mm.
FYI, bought mine from xxcycle.com, cheaper than anywhere else and delivered within 3 days :smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member
52/39 Campag will likely be 135 mm BCD - so 39 would be the smallest possible ring.
Need to find a suitable compact chainset with cranks that fit your bottom bracket and have a 110 BCD (which it will be if the rings are 50/34)

OP
OP
the_bing

the_bing

Über Member
ah. great advice guys cheers. i really like my campag crank but my last visit to wales resulted in near death experience grinding up the hills (i have a pathological refusal to get off and push) and this kind of self-harming led me to decide i need to change my front ratios for hill-eating. i'm going to source a full compact crank for ease of swapping :smile:

thanks guys!

Top Bottom