chainset claud butler san remo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinarchtech

i have just bought one of theese last friday. was left outside my house today when i was away. when i got home bike was lying chainset side down on the yard. this was done intentially to damage my bike ( why this is the case is another story ;):angry::laugh:)

Question 1. the chainset doesent have as much clearence to the chainstay on drive side approx 6 mm. non drive side about 10 mm. would this indicate bent chainset ?:cheers::angry:

is the chainset that weak it would bend from being pushed over ?:hyper::angry::bravo::angry:

as you can guess i am very p****d about this

there is some scrapes on rear changer too, but seems to be ok. sti levers luckly dident hit ground :hugs::biggrin:

kyuss

Veteran
Are you sure it's not just been blown over by the wind or something?

It would take an awful lot of force to bend a chainset. The frame would probably bend before the cranks would. If it's Shimano square taper we are talking about here then the BB's are often assymetrical so it's not uncommon for one side to be closer to the chainstays than the other. In fact, the Shimano BB on my fixed brings the drive side closer to the chainstay by about 3mm compared to the non-drive side.

OP
OP
M

martinarchtech

chainset

im sure it was intentional , the bike is left against the railing on my property, and extremely unlikly the wind would have blown it over , but i wont let this happen to a new bike again , stays in corrodor from now on

chainset fsa tempo
thanks for reply, i am more concerned of doing damage to knees by bent cranks .

Top Bottom