charity rides, best websites? and dvds worth a watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gillelive

Hello again, still new but still commuting, I am just getting back in to it after the xmas break and the snow and ice.

Anyway like others have said on this site I would like to set myself a goal for the year ahead and was thinking about joining a charity ride (say up to 40 to 50 miles, so can anyone recommend a good website listing rides and details, I have googled and keep getting a mixed bag of results so any help appreciated.

Also can anyone recommend some cycle dvds, anything from repairs/servicing, commuting etc. not really looking for race dvds or serious off road stuff.....

cheers

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not a dvd but a great website with lots of video tutorials ...

http://bicycletutor.com/

PoliceMadAd

There's a 40 mile ride for the BHF in Matlock, Derbyshire in May this year which i'm doing. If it's anything like the last 2 years, 2-4 moderate climbs, 2-4 descents, doesn't mention off-road so should be fully or almost all on-road, very enjoyable ride, helmet compulsary, i'd definetly recommend it. 3rd year doing it and loved every minute so far. Oh, and complimentary juice and biscuits at checkpoints :tongue:. £10 entry fee, then just get some sponsorship. HTH, if it's anywhere near you. (I can't link to it as i'm on my mobile but search BHF website for 'Peaks bike ride' (i think).

Top Bottom