Charity Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Mrs A and myself have just completed our first charity ride on behalf of the British Heart Foundation. It was a cracking route of 40 miles around the Vale of Belvoir, incorporating some of the areas most scenic vistas and cycle-friendly roads. There were I believe over 1000 riders taking part on all kinds of bikes from seasoned club riders on top line exotica to grannies on shoppers! And don't think the route was chosen with grannies in mind because there was a shorter route for the less fit, but the full route incorporated a number of hills from one seriously hard climb to the long drawn-out energy sapper. (There was also a dream of a long stretch of downhill where I saw 45 mph on my computer).

Anyway the pint of my post is to recommend the BHF rides to you chaps and chapesses as a way of riding where you might not usually get with very friendly types and where you can ride at whatever pace you like. You can find details of the events here: http://tinyurl.com/68ws9l, and if you help to raise money for the BHF then your cockles will surely be warmed.

domtyler

Über Member
If anyone presents me with another charity sponsorship form I am going to kill them. Slowly and painfully.

Apart from my one and a half year old who is doing a sponsored half mile toddle next week. Anyone care to sponsor her please? Come on, dig deep. ;)

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

domtyler said:
If anyone presents me with another charity sponsorship form I am going to kill them. Slowly and painfully.

Apart from my one and a half year old who is doing a sponsored half mile toddle next week. Anyone care to sponsor her please? Come on, dig deep. :smile:
Excuse me Dom, I don't recall asking you or anyone on CC for sponsorship, and neither would I. I merely seek to recommend the rides.:wacko:

Gerry Attrick said:
Excuse me Dom, I don't recall asking you or anyone on CC for sponsorship, and neither would I. I merely seek to recommend the rides.:wacko:

Dom's just a grumpy old fool.

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

I'm on the outskirts of a small village in the north.

Top Bottom