Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Reported that he died today in his Hollywood home. I thought he was a great actor in his day and also kept himself away from the scandals that seem to follow many in that profession!!!!!!!

yello

I wonder if he's still holding his rifle!

Sorry, sick humour. Yep, the guy had been around the block as an actor - credit to him, he grafted. Like so few, he had his days in the spotlight but I guess, like most actors, the number of 'crap-to-fair' movies outweighed the great ones.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Keith Oates said:
Reported that he died today in his Hollywood home. I thought he was a great actor in his day and also kept himself away from the scandals that seem to follow many in that profession!!!!!!!

Yes, a wonderful role model, if you think mass gun ownership, Columbine etc were a cause worth fighting for. As a past president of the NRA he has a lot to answer for IMO.

It is sad for his family that he has died, but anyone else who sheds a tear for him must surely be basing it on his film career rather than what he was {allegedly} like in real life.

Saddle bum

Über Member
rich p said:
Yes, a wonderful role model, if you think mass gun ownership, Columbine etc were a cause worth fighting for. As a past president of the NRA he has a lot to answer for IMO.

Rubbish.

The people most culpable were those who banned any firearnms from school campuses, thus preventing responsible citizens from defending themselves and others around them.

Heston was a great actor, but like anyone who defends the rights of the individual against a collective agenda, is villified by the shrill voices of the soft left.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Saddle bum said:
Rubbish.

The people most culpable were those who banned any firearnms from school campuses, thus preventing responsible citizens from defending themselves and others around them.

Heston was a great actor, but like anyone who defends the rights of the individual against a collective agenda, is villified by the shrill voices of the soft left.

Is that irony, if not ........

Danny

Legendary Member
Saddle bum said:
Rubbish.

Great idea! Let's let everyone carry guns to school - then we can have regular massacres like they do in the States.

Top Bottom