1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 6 Apr 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Reported that he died today in his Hollywood home. I thought he was a great actor in his day and also kept himself away from the scandals that seem to follow many in that profession!!!!!!!

2. yello

yello Guru

I wonder if he's still holding his rifle!

Sorry, sick humour. Yep, the guy had been around the block as an actor - credit to him, he grafted. Like so few, he had his days in the spotlight but I guess, like most actors, the number of 'crap-to-fair' movies outweighed the great ones.

3. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Yes, a wonderful role model, if you think mass gun ownership, Columbine etc were a cause worth fighting for. As a past president of the NRA he has a lot to answer for IMO.

4. Alan Frame

Alan Frame Gnu

It is sad for his family that he has died, but anyone else who sheds a tear for him must surely be basing it on his film career rather than what he was {allegedly} like in real life.

5. derall

derall Über Member

So now we can prise his rifle from his cold dead hands...

An apologist for every gun-nut in the States.

6. Ben Hurt...

7. Saddle bum

Saddle bum Über Member

Rubbish.

The people most culpable were those who banned any firearnms from school campuses, thus preventing responsible citizens from defending themselves and others around them.

Heston was a great actor, but like anyone who defends the rights of the individual against a collective agenda, is villified by the shrill voices of the soft left.

8. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Great actor but, sadly, a nut job when it came to gun control.

9. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Is that irony, if not ........

10. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

a loon. And a really poor actor, who played in some really rubbish films. He was particularly poor in Planet of the Apes.

11. derall

derall Über Member

Rubbish.

Remember, Soylent Green.

His acting in that was dreadful. Turned a great story by Harry Harrison into utter trash.

12. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

He had an enormous chest though. Actors all had big chests then, but his was the almost as big as Ernest Borgnine's. And he always had that peculiarly orange permatan, like Tony Curtis. I suppose he was upset he didn't get to wear one of the gorilla suits.

13. Saddle bum

Saddle bum Über Member

I don't think you would recognise irony if it bit you on the arse.

14. But then if some nutter with a gun had shot him.......:rolleyes:

15. I agree with Waffly!

(cos I upset her in a comment about padding on girls bums and I am going to Norwich in June)