Chat room temporarily disabled

Shaun

Founder
Having reviewed the chat logs (in relation to an incident reported a few days ago that I've only just had chance to look at) I have decided to temporarily close the chat room.

I know plenty of you enjoy using the chat room, but I need to review the logs in more detail and probably remove some people's access to chat as a result.

I'm quite disappointed that someone would use Chat for negative purposes, especially as I always imagined people used it for a bit of friendly real-time banter, not sniping and backstabbing fellow CC'ers!

Don't expect chat to be back online before the weekend as I have other things to attend to for the rest of this week.

Shaun.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm quite disappointed that someone would use Chat for negative purposes, especially as I always imagined people used it for a bit of friendly real-time banter, not sniping and backstabbing fellow CC'ers!

Well it is easy enough to find out what is talked about in there most of the time. The main topics of conversation are TTs, training, FNRttcs, music, alcohol, banter, cats, commuting, lights, gear ratios and helping out newbies who want real-time answers. If you don't think that's what is talked about most of the time I suggest you get ian and misterpaul to do a better job at spying at us or extract more information from Noodley.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Have to say I'm disappointed. Surely the answer would have been to remove specific peoples access immediately rather than take down the whole chatboard for everyone?
I know things could get a bit "close to the bone" in there but I'm not aware of any of the chat regulars were in any way unhappy with that.

For me Chat was what really made CC into a Fun and Friendly community.... without it, it loses much of its attraction. Not saying I'm going to flounce or anything, but I'll no doubt visit and post less often in the absence of Chat.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
keep it up folks this chat room is starting to sound like it's worth a visit...which way is it again?

It might be a bit racy for you Al.:thumbsup:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thank you.
I looked at it, and thought 'Hang on, that's not nice or helpful' so I changed it.

:biggrin: Good man! The chatroom is unable to be edited though so ill thought, rash banter remains out there in the ether. Slack needs to be cut as a consequence.

Bman

Guru
Admin has told us all to behave. Just like a parent would tell their child:

"If You cant play nice you cant play at all" [Chat confiscated] "You cant have this back until you learn to behave"

If I couldnt laugh at this situation, I would probably just leave the forums!

Disclaimer: I was not involved in any abuse and rarely visit "chat". I just cant see why we can't all act like adults :rolleyes:

Brahan

Über Member
Having reviewed the chat logs (in relation to an incident reported a few days ago that I've only just had chance to look at) I have decided to temporarily close the chat room.

I know plenty of you enjoy using the chat room, but I need to review the logs in more detail and probably remove some people's access to chat as a result.

Don't expect chat to be back online before the weekend as I have other things to attend to for the rest of this week.

Shaun.

This is crap!

What could have possibly happened that you've had to take it down? Was someone 'offended' or something? Bollocks, what a joke!

angry.gif

Top Bottom