Chav on path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darbo

Seen it all now a chav cycling on the path, he was leaning over the handlebars making up a rolly. Unfortunately the poor lad could not stop as he had his hands full of tobacco and went straight of the path into the road oblivious of the cars or myself on a bike looking in disbelief.:wacko:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Multi-tasking - impressive! Smoking, cycling and committing suicide:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i'm always secretly jealous of the hoodies who can ride hands free nonchalantly whilst fashioning a roll-up when i ride thousands of miles a year and would never dream of attempting such a circus act…

User1314 said:
(Edited)

Bloke in his 20s came out of the shop in baggy grey tracksuits. Chav I thought (I know, how snobby of me).

:biggrin:

I have a whole series of "triggers" that classify a perceived risk while on the roads, and would make the same classification - not snobbery, just an assessment based on experience that the individual will not be safe or sensible.

Others include any hatchback with prat plates or a spoiler and playing
Loud Music

Wolf04

Darbo said:
Seen it all now a chav cycling on the path, he was leaning over the handlebars making up a rolly. Unfortunately the poor lad could not stop as he had his hands full of tobacco and went straight of the path into the road oblivious of the cars or myself on a bike looking in disbelief.:biggrin:

I was knocked off my bike by a similar idiot recently. The abrasions and gashed forehead have healed as has the injured shoulder but the £150 bill for the new tooth is still hurting :-(

bauldbairn

Wolf04 said:
I was knocked off my bike by a similar idiot recently. The abrasions and gashed forehead have healed as has the injured shoulder but the £150 bill for the new tooth is still hurting :-(

Sorry to hear about that! ;)

Didn't you get a name / description / punch in?

bonk man

I used to go about no handed and roll ciggies as I went...

I would ride into Worcester from Malvern no handed which is about 7 miles of main road with a hill in it..... a cop deliberately cut me up one day to stop my no handed shenanigans but I just rode round him.. no handed:biggrin:

No brakes and worn out trainers were the rule in my circle of cycling mates in the late 70's, wrecked choppers with your mate on the back with his legs dangling... hey those were the days :biggrin::wacko:

bauldbairn

Wolf04 said:
No, instead I felt sorry for him!!!!!!!!http://

Just read your thread - I would have felt sorry for him too! :wacko:

I had an incident - where I was having a breather, well behind a cyclist, going up a hill over a large / long railway bridge. I was just waiting for him to look back, or move over enough for me to pass - as he moved to the left I made my move to pass on the apex of the hill. He suddenly swung his bike around to cross the road broadsiding me - causing me to emergency stop - we ended up parallel / face to face.;):blush: No damage done - good test for the brakes. Turned out he was a LBS mechanic on his way to work(Malley's). We had a blether for about 10mins - discussing both our brand new bikes, then went our seperate way's. Alway's wary passing cyclists now. ;)

Top Bottom