Cheap Backup Lights in Poundland...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't expect great quality but picked up a few of these as they look ideal to quickly strap on around the trailer frame, on top of a luggage elastic / around bars/frame for quick extra lighting on the trike especially when loaded

Not as main lights of course, but additional/emergency backups

Not sure how waterproof they are (not much/at all I guess) but I suppose you gets what you pays for

Anyway, you know where they are if you want to check them out

2vbww0z.jpg

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Went to poundland today to try and find some but nothing there. Going to Manchester tomorrow to see the relatives, and there is a poundland near them. Will go and have another look.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have some of the wrap around reflective ones with 4 or 5 small LED's in, armbands i suppose. They're surprisingly good, i actually wrapped mine round the vents in the back of my helmet. In the dark, they're quite conspicuous. Mine did 2 months daily commuting on and off and they're still going. I think someone said they're not really waterproof...i used to take mine off if it rained.
Definately good VFM, you could wrap it round your seatpost, leg, arm, helmet etc etc. Fitted nicely in your saddlebag for emergencies.

Seigi

I saw some 'dual-padded cycling gloves' in Poundland and felt a little ill inside that some people might buy them. They were just some synthetic material with felt as 'padding'.

bedrock

I saw some 'dual-padded cycling gloves' in Poundland and felt a little ill inside that some people might buy them. They were just some synthetic material with felt as 'padding'.

Why the nausea? They might suit someone and not everyone has the money to spend on luxury goods.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
I have some of the wrap around reflective ones with 4 or 5 small LED's in, armbands i suppose. They're surprisingly good, i actually wrapped mine round the vents in the back of my helmet. In the dark, they're quite conspicuous. Mine did 2 months daily commuting on and off and they're still going. I think someone said they're not really waterproof...i used to take mine off if it rained.
Definately good VFM, you could wrap it round your seatpost, leg, arm, helmet etc etc. Fitted nicely in your saddlebag for emergencies.

The LED armbands are perfectly fine in the rain

The tourer spent last winter in all weathers including snow, with one of those on each leg of the pannier rack with cable ties, to give 2 vertical lines of flashing red LEDs

I am going to do the same with the flagpole on the trike when it starts to get "proper dark"

Cubist

Still wavin'
I use the Tesco Micro-leds. £4 for pair front and back they are stupidly bright with an unmissable strobe flash. They tape on anywhere and fit in helmet vents.

Zoiders

I have the tesco sigma clones as well, they are good but they have been more than a fiver each on occasion, I got mine on clearance for a quid or so.

Top Bottom