1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap bike at Decathlon

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Panter, 21 Jan 2008.

1. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

I was at Decathlon, Lakeside yesterday and they've discounted the sport 3 (the stunning Black and Yellow one with the carbon stays) to £349.00 :biggrin:

At the original price of £469.00 it seemed a bit of a bargain :angry:

I very nearly bought one but just couldn't get clearance from headquarters. :sad:

Anyway, just thought I'd post in case anyone was looking for a bargain bike.

2. bianco

bianco New Member

Cheers Panter, I'm getting the sport 4 with 105 and carbon stays for £489.

Seems like a bargain to me!

3. OP
    OP
    Panter

I didn't realise they'd discounted that too, that does sound a very good buy :biggrin:

4. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I can't get clearance to get to Lakeside Decathlon let alone clearance for another bike.:biggrin:

5. OP
    OP
    Panter

:biggrin:

I must admit in some ways I wish I'd never been introduced to the place.

I'd never even heard of it untill last Year when I was lead in there, wide-eyed and innocent, completely unaware of the wholesale wallet slaughter that was about to commence...............:angry:

6. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I know what you mean. I have been in and bought a few things with nothing much more than a fiver - just a few bits and pieces " 'cos they're cheap and might come in useful" and never seem to have a tab under £130

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Here's a question - Do you reckon the Sport 4 with 105 etc. would be as good as the Focus Variado?