Cheap comfortable shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moby Jones

Can anyone recommend me a cheap but comfortable pair of lycra shorts. I find that after 50 or 60mins on the bike my rear end is giving me some discomfort. They don't need to be anything fancy just comfortable.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I use the Karimor ones from sports soccer, usually about £10 but sometimes on sale down to £6.99. The sizeing seems inconsistant, I have 4 pairs of extra large and no 2 pars have ever been the same, from hangin off me to tight, but they have alot of give.
http://www.sportsdir...ad-short-636102

Your in luck, £6!

If you buy in store make sure you get the padded ones, as padded and unpadded are often mixed on the same rail.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I really don't like shorts as the waist cuts into me and is not comfortable - Bib shorts are better as they don't slip down at the back and don't cut you in two. DHBs from Wiggle or ShuttVR standard shorts are well recommended.

Just to add they cost about £35 -£40 but you really do get what you pay for so worth the outlay especially if you plan on rides of 2Hrs+

I've not had problem with myself, although the waist does "cut in", this is where I discovered the wonder of the often strange looking bib shorts. Got 2 pairs for £15 from PBK and I love them.

Basil.B

Guru
Got some Altura shorts £20. Bit tight round my waist, but do the job.
thumbsup.png

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Does anybody know of any cheap baggy shorts that have no liner inside? I just wanted some to put over my own DHB liner shorts or get some bib shorts. I am not keen on wearing lycra for work and need something to go over the top. Failing that it is going to be some Endura Hummvee or Altura Summit baggy shorts, although neither are vastly expensive at around £45 I would rather pay less if possible.

Cletus Van Damme

Cheers Vickster thats a great link, some pretty cheap gear on there. Do not need cycling specific, but just something that is light weight I guess, not cotton.

David

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers Vickster thats a great link, some pretty cheap gear on there. Do not need cycling specific, but just something that is light weight I guess, not cotton.

David

I got my 3/4 Hummvees from here, also decent prices and service http://www.life-cycles.co.uk/shorts/page1

I'f you just want light shorts, SportsDirect or TKMaxx should have plenty of choice under £20. I have to say, the Hummvees are pretty heavy, tough material

Cletus Van Damme

Cheers Vickster. I also have the long version of the Hummvee's and I agree they are heavy. Also I hardly ever use them anymore since buying Ronhill Bikester DXB's, these are much lighter, better fit and less than half the price. The only negative is the lack of pockets but I can live with that. So I guess I am just looking for a thin outer short that is great value like my long bikesters are.

Top Bottom