Cheap cycle shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boselecta

Just a quick one,

I have been cycling for 3 months now and my rides are starting to get longer my comfort is starting to become more of an issue, so I am looking at taking a very tentative step towards becoming a full on lycra clad cyclist (which I've always said I would never do)!! As this will be my first purchase of cycling shorts i dont want to spend alot on them, just want to get a feel to see if I can justify spending more in the future.

I have found These shorts has anyone got some of these? rekon they are any good? they seem cheap : )

Cheers guys

You don't have to go full on lycra to become a cyclist but it is important to get the best shorts you can afford.

These look like a great deal - go for it!

ohnovino

Large Member
I've got them and they're great value. Only downside is that the waist is a little low, so my lower back can get exposed if I'm not wearing a very long top.

david1701

Just a quick one,

I have been cycling for 3 months now and my rides are starting to get longer my comfort is starting to become more of an issue, so I am looking at taking a very tentative step towards becoming a full on lycra clad cyclist (which I've always said I would never do)!! As this will be my first purchase of cycling shorts i dont want to spend alot on them, just want to get a feel to see if I can justify spending more in the future.

I have found These shorts has anyone got some of these? rekon they are any good? they seem cheap : )

Cheers guys

I use those, they're pretty good for cheap but not brilliant, there was significant chafing on Tuesdays 80 miler.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I had a pair.. not a great fit, but I am an odd shape LOL!
I found them tight round the bottom of the thighs (but I do have large muscular ones) not high enough on the back felt I ws impersonating a builder (But I do have a very long body) And the pad was far to chunky & unflexible (but then they are mens shorts and i'm not!)

david1701

I would like to add that my second pair (same size) are tiny in comparrison showing my arse and like half an inch of tan line on my legs. This is irritating as I found out riding to work and have a club ride this eve :tongue:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had a pair.. not a great fit, but I am an odd shape LOL!
I found them tight round the bottom of the thighs (but I do have large muscular ones) not high enough on the back felt I ws impersonating a builder (But I do have a very long body) And the pad was far to chunky & unflexible (but then they are mens shorts and i'm not!)

I have this problem with almost every short i have bought, fit on the waist but are too tight on the thighs and glutues maximus so i normally end up going at least a size up .

As stated the Decathlon ones are the only pairs so far that fir properly .

And...
Nothing is true without pictures :whistle:

biffosbats

If you're not in a huge rush to spend your cash, you could do a lot worse than wait until Aldi or Lidl have cycle clothing in again. I have 2 pairs of their padded shorts and they fit and wear just fine (have given them a reasonable bashing over 2 summers now - max 50 mile ride). I think they were about the same price and I found them a good cut (I'm femle, 5 foot 4, pretty tubby around the middle, long bodied and chunky around the thighs - they are grippy on the legs, don't expose your lower back to the wind and have been washed at least 30 times with no visible signs of wear and tear. The pad seems OK for the female anatomy, being long enough for the delicate bits, even though they are male-specific shorts. Highly recommended.
Have also got a couple of pairs of Halfords own brand shorts - they were about 17 quid I think but I got them on a multi buy offer - pretty much the same comments and results as for the Aldi/Lidl ones.

OP
OP
B

boselecta

Went into SportsDirect today, tried the cycling shorts they only had up to XL and they fitted the waist fine but i could barley get my thighs into em (but then my legs are quite large) so i have now ordered these in XXL so hope they will be better.

Top Bottom