Cheap summer clothing . Jersey alternative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertAJB

Hi.

Uniqlo are doing a special offer on a lot of their t-shirts at the moment. They have 2 ranges which are very suitable for cycling, one called 'Smooth Dry' and another is 'Mesh'.

Now, I could be wrong but so far as I can tell, these garments are made from very similar type fabric technologies as you'll find in the ~£50 jerseys hanging up in Evans. The only real difference is they lack pockets and are logo free.

I prefer a minimal look so I dont miss the logos/team artwork. The pockets I can live without as I hate having loads of crap in my jersey anyway, even so much as a rolled up banknote bothers me after a while. I keep a small saddlebag for bars n phone etc.

The material used is brilliant. Really really lightweight, performs seriously well in the heat and even on cool down if you happen to stop long enough.

I just went in and bought 4 of the 'Dry smooth' tops, and 4 of the mesh ones.. in total it came to £20.97

Now you really cant ague with that. 8 Tops for the price of one really really shoot cycling jersey.

Nice

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I started out with a cycling t-shirt from Lidi which fine in summer and useful as a base layer in winter. However, then I bought my first cycle jersey I found the rear pockets to be really useful, and it is a highly exclusive design only available from one source...

OP
OP
R

robertAJB

Thats odd.. when I click on that link you gave me I end up at a "you do not have permission to access this page." page.

boo.

OP
OP
R

robertAJB

Oh.. one other thing. I tried out the 'mesh' type one this morning and it was very comfy and significantly less sweaty than anything i'd worn on a ride before. result!

jimboalee

robertAJB said:
Hi.

Uniqlo are doing a special offer on a lot of their t-shirts at the moment. They have 2 ranges which are very suitable for cycling, one called 'Smooth Dry' and another is 'Mesh'.

Now, I could be wrong but so far as I can tell, these garments are made from very similar type fabric technologies as you'll find in the ~£50 jerseys hanging up in Evans. The only real difference is they lack pockets and are logo free.

I prefer a minimal look so I dont miss the logos/team artwork. The pockets I can live without as I hate having loads of crap in my jersey anyway, even so much as a rolled up banknote bothers me after a while. I keep a small saddlebag for bars n phone etc.

The material used is brilliant. Really really lightweight, performs seriously well in the heat and even on cool down if you happen to stop long enough.

I just went in and bought 4 of the 'Dry smooth' tops, and 4 of the mesh ones.. in total it came to £20.97

Now you really cant ague with that. 8 Tops for the price of one really really shoot cycling jersey.

Nice

So you'll have six jerseys after you've cut up the other two to sew rear pockets on the six survivors.

What a bargain.

PS. Rear pockets are bloody handy.

Top Bottom