Cheapest puncture resistant tyre.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcogs

Guru
Best puncture resistant tyre after schwalbe marathon plus please?

i've used marathons ont bike for about three puncture free years.

i now find that a replacement is due on the front, but Schwabes are a bit expensive - any advice ?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you have had three puncture free years I'd bite the bullet and stick with the Schwalbes. I've seen them for about eighteen quid and you won't pay much less for anything else anyway.

You'd seriously curse the couple of quid you saved the first time you stood by the roadside in the pissing rain with a broken tyre lever and skinned knuckles.

mikeitup

Veteran
redcogs said:
Best puncture resistant tyre after schwalbe marathon plus please?

i've used marathons ont bike for about three puncture free years.

i now find that a replacement is due on the front, but Schwabes are a bit expensive - any advice ?

Schwalbe Marathons.
Schwalbe City Jets
Schwalbe Road Cruisers etc

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Smokin Joe said:
If you have had three puncture free years I'd bite the bullet and stick with the Schwalbes.

I thought exactly the same

P.H

Über Member
What size? I've got a pair 26" X 1.35" pluses that I couldn't get on with. Probably less than 500 miles, definitely less than 1,000. Never punctured, no cuts. About £20 the pair if you're interested, I'd have to check postage.

xroads

+1 Bontrager racelight hardcases. 1 puncture in 3000+ miles.
However, rubeer is quite soft, and is prone to superficial cuts/peels.
Excellent grip in the rain.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I liked my racelites too, although they did puncture once (a thin bit of metal, like one arm of a staple - a bugger to find too).

Conti Gator Skins have been ok for me too, although I don't like them in the wet at all.

Top Bottom