Cheapish mini lights - help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanPrice

Im in desperate need of some cheapish small lights, want to order them tonight really.

Ive had 2 or 3 sets in the past, but they were all quite big and rattled so much, especially on the roads around my area.

Just wondering whether anyone knows of some cheap small lights, dont really mind about the rear as i can get a long strip, its just the front one really.

Thanks

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Depends how cheap you mean really.
My cateye has been fine and doesn't rattle at all although I've read of others having problems with the brackets.

It's also quite small, 2-3" X 1"?

It was about £20.00 which seems very cheap, or it is after browsing for serious mountain bike lights anyway ;)

The problem with really cheap kit is that you often end up buying twice when it inevitably fails.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Depending how small and how cheap.

My wife and I always carry these as emergency lights - they are good in flashing mode. One of our LBS were virtually giving them away last year, so we bought a few (£3 for 2 or something daft :smile:) - they SWMBO found them for even less in the Netherlands a week or two later - so got some more !

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
From Accessories and Clothing section, Found a Bargain? (sticky) thread:

Aperitif said:
Good old Tescos! Last Saturday I got a pair of LED 'button' lights - the ones with a bit of elastic attached that you can lace into your helmet, coat or, originally, fix to a bike!(They have a grooved back, profiled for a seat stay etc)
One red, one white - each powered by two CR 2032 cells.
They have three modes - I prefer the first which is a sort of 'reverb flash' - like police lights, regular flash and on.
The white one illuminates everything, particularly the reflective signeage...twice now, I have had the comment "Looks like the Old Bill" :smile: So, not only are these lights seriously bright - they're very 'PC'.
Price?
£4 - less than the cost of four button cells.
Winter draws on - get some in...

Same thing by the sound of it.

Top Bottom