Cheapo waterproof jacket. Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Hi folks.
I decided to take the £20 muddyfox jacket back to sports direct and told them I didn't want to be boiled in a bag any longer! Refunded no trouble. So to a replacement is needed. I've seen this This and wondered if it's any good? I know I'm going to have to pay huge bucks for a decent breathable one, but this didn't look to bad.

Loads of reviews here

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Cool, thanks for that. Looks good enough for me
smile.gif

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I bought one of the Aldi (or was it Lidl?) bright yellow waterproof ones they had in recently, I sweat like a pig in it and it's not waterproof, money well spent I'd say :thumbsup:
Will have to save up for a posh one now.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I bought one of the Aldi (or was it Lidl?) bright yellow waterproof ones they had in recently, I sweat like a pig in it and it's not waterproof, money well spent I'd say :thumbsup:
Will have to save up for a posh one now.

:biggrin: I saw those too and shuddered. I dont have the $$$ for a guaranteed 100% breathable one yet, but I recon this should do, or the other recommended above.

Twanger

Über Member
I have had one of those Altura jackets for three years now (assuming it's the one with the zipped vents at the sides). It does the job to the extent of making it unnecessary for me to get something breathable.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
altura jacket arrived this morning. not had a chance to wear it in anger yet but my god what good quality.
it feels extremely well made and well designed. as the cheapest in the line I wasnt expecting such a good build. at £29.99 it seems a bargain. hopefully it wont be boil in a bag Matt later.

OP
OP
MattHB

MattHB

Proud Daddy
30 mins in the rain on a hard ride and the altura jacket is great. Dead chuffed

Top Bottom