Cheeky b******!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
;) Some swine has stolen my pedal reflectors. Only noticed when I parked the bike up after riding home. At first I thought one had fallen off until I turned the pedal around and realised both were gone from the same pedal. :biggrin:

Of all the things to nick they have to take something that could damage my safety.

Arch

Married to Night Train
;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
When did you last check for their presence? Could they not have worked loose?

I once suffered from the theft of the speedo cable core on a motor bike of mine. Now that *is* weird.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
They were on there this morning. I know because I checked everything was ship shape before setting off (had been tweaking a little yesterday)

tomorrow park facing the other way and they might take the other side - make it look like a proper bike.

Are they just clip in ones ? strange what people steal.

MajorMantra

Weird. Pedal reflectors are the sort of thing you often come across on the ground next to bike racks where they've fallen off, but stealing them is just plain odd. They must have a used value of all of 50p.

Matthew

thomas

the tank engine
Be grateful that's all they nicked. It is annoying - I knew someone who had is dust caps nicked (now that's pathetic), and I've had little things stolen/broken so can appreciate your annoyance...but I've also had a bike stolen so can put things in context.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
John Ponting said:
tomorrow park facing the other way and they might take the other side - make it look like a proper bike.

Are they just clip in ones ? strange what people steal.

Yeah they were clip in, but you'd have to break them to get them out. :rofl: Add to the fact that it was in a staff only area with a key for access... makes it a hopsital worker who stole them

I always check the deck too when I leave work and they werent there.

Mind you a few years back someone in there cut me brake cable and people have now been trying to reserve their post by leaving their locks chained up over night. Makes me think someones getting tetchy.

thomas

the tank engine
downfader said:
Yeah they were clip in, but you'd have to break them to get them out. :rofl: Add to the fact that it was in a staff only area with a key for access... makes it a hopsital worker who stole them

I think that makes it worst...you don't **** where you eat!

hackbike 666 said:
I had brake blocks nicked off of my bike when I left it outside a park in Stratford.

my fiancee had brake blocks stolen from her old mountain bike, at the back of the shed at the bottom of the garden.

they must have climbed the wall to get in and wandered into the back of a dark shed climbing over bits of old car to get there.

ah well, silly blighters.

Top Bottom