Cheeky sods at BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They've asked me to do Blue Peter next tuesday only I can't mention Cyclemagic, the bikes must have our logos covered up and the've offered to pay me £50 to be there from 8.30 in the morning.

Milo

Guru
If its live just shout about it then we can watch you get bundled away by the men in black.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
It isn't live, they record it in the afternoon.

They can bugger off - I'm sick of people expecting me to do stuff for nothing when they usually earn twice what I do.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Kirstie said:
Yes £50 is their standard appearance fee. I've got that for doing radio interviews and TV stuff, but without having to travel anywhere. Are they not offering travel expenses as well? If not that's rubbish.

Yes, they'll pay travel costs but I've got to drive down from Leicester with a van full of bikes and not earn anything for a day.

I'll probably be called big headed, but I'm the cycling expert - it's what I do for a job and my fee per day is a lot more than £50. If they can pay 'famous people' huge amounts of money, they can pay me more than £50.

Hilldodger said:
I've already told them how much I need just to cover my time at a reasonable rate and expenses.

I'm not doing it.

Good for you. You shouldn't be expected to work for nothing just because you enjoy what you do and you'd be on telly.

Monkey Boy

Fnaar said:
Recreate that elephant moment, and poo all over the floor. :smile:

Rodge the Dodge cra**ing himslef on telly.....I would pay good money to see that. I'll start the bidding at £500 (will that cover your day rate?). Rodge, I think we have just found a way to make you even more famous and rich at the same time.;)

Fnarr...you are a genius.

red_tom

Rhythm Thief said:
And Valerie Singleton.
;):biggrin:

She's a right miserable moo that woman. (My ex stepmother was a makeup artist at the beeb and Val used to come and visit quite often when I was a kid). We put a prank whilstling thing in the exhaust or her crappy old MG once and she went absolutely batsh!t mental. :smile:

Maz

Guru
red_tom said:
We put a prank whilstling thing in the exhaust or her crappy old MG once and she went absolutely batsh!t mental. :smile:
Why was she mad? Had she already made one earlier? ;)

Top Bottom