Child trailer for cargo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wednesday

I've wanted a bike trailer for a while, nothing fancy just suitable for occasional hauling. A few weeks ago I survived four miles with a microwave bungeed to my rack but it was a fairly silly thing to do so I looked again and found this, which is cheap, foldable and has reasonable reviews on amazon. Child trailers are a lot more prevalent though and I could probably get a second-hand one really cheap with a bit of patience. I know they won't carry 100kg, but I really don't think that would be a problem. Has anyone tried using a child trailer for cargo, and is there any reason not to? (I wouldn't be putting kids in it at any point.)

cycleruk

sounds like a good idea, bike trailers are great as they bring the center of gravity down lower to the ground, two wheels are even better as they improve the stability of the trailer, just make sure you take into account that they make the bike a lot longer so you need to keep an eye on where the trailer is when you are over taking cars etc!
biggrin.gif

Zoiders

Strip off the canvas canvas and board it out and it will carry plenty of kit, you would need a 4 wheel trailer or a brox cargo carrier to safely carry 100kg anyway, a simple two wheeler on a hitch to the rear end of an upright bike would be dangerous.

cycleruk

Strip off the canvas canvas and board it out and it will carry plenty of kit, you would need a 4 wheel trailer or a brox cargo carrier to safely carry 100kg anyway, a simple two wheeler on a hitch to the rear end of an upright bike would be dangerous.

i feel i am not in a position to argue this point so i would listen to zoiders
regards ian

Top Bottom