CHILD'S TADPOLE TRIKES?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc-triker

Veteran
My 9yr old has had his KMX for 2years now and my 7yr old is tiny for his age but can just about ride the KMX now so i am looking for a replacement for my 9yr old. i feel he needs a real trike now as he rides on the road very well but the KMX is not really reliable eenough for touring and keeping up with the trice. I am still looking at getting a Catrike for my wife to ride.
Anybody know if any of the trikes on the market are available in kids sizes??

P2_JPG.jpg

You are already familiar with Catrikes - The smaller Catrike (Pocket) is suitable for smaller riders, and from discussion on websites it can be adapted for older children, (Min X seam 36") although with a short boom heel clearance can be a problem.

Although I hate to think of the trouble you wold be in if the ids get one befre the wife!

Give CatrikeUK of this Parish a ping and ask his advice, or contact him professionally

(X Seam:

Sit with riders back against a wall, legs out straight and feet placed flat against an upright book.

The distance between the wall and the foot surface of the book is the Xseam.)

There is a kid around here who rides a KMX

He has no problems, and most kids see the advantages.... He simpy outruns and outmanoeuvres most of them which gains him some respect

byegad

Legendary Member
BentMikey said:
No, the kids say "Woah, cool bike", and they all want a go. At least that's our experience with miniMikey.

Yes that's 99.9% of all the comments I get from kids. They all seem to want a go, so cool it is. (Unless cool is no longer 'cool'.)

byegad

Legendary Member
:laugh::biggrin::biggrin:Banging? Does that mean you'll soon be expecting little trike?????:laugh::biggrin:

Dave5N said:
Bollocks. Kids will take the piss.
Ah but they don't see. You're making an assumption based on zero experience and your own set of prejudices. I on the other hand spend much of my working life running road-shows which include KMX recumbent trikes and can state categorically that kids dig em. FACT!

So ner.

OP
OP
marc-triker

marc-triker

Veteran
i don't know i might just buy him another KMX. he needs more gears and better braking. due to his disabilities he will never be able to ride a 2 wheeler bike. his trike is his lifeline.

wafflycat

BentMikey said:
No, the kids say "Woah, cool bike", and they all want a go. At least that's our experience with miniMikey.

When WCMnr used my IceT for the school commute in icy weather, apparently much fun was had in the school car-park as said recumbent was in high demand by other teenagers, as it was different and, therefore, cool... I think the ability to do 'handbrake turns' may have had something to do with it...:ohmy:

Top Bottom