Chilliblast PCs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigsharn

Veteran
I've never heard of them... Which means they're probably not worth knowing about.

Especially seeing as building your own is better in every single way*. If you need a hand with this, PM me :smile:

Cheaper outright (There's a £2,000 PC on there I could build for <£1400, with much better components)
You know how it works so it saves you on paying for repairs (See also, cheaper)
Longer warranty (Parts only works out at 3 years each, whereas it's a 1 year Manufacturer's warranty unless you fancy shelling more out)
Feeling of satisfaction

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've had a chilliblast for about 2 years. Good little system with good support. You get a fair bit for the money and can customise it before you buy.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Norm

I've never heard of them... Which means they're probably not worth knowing about.
When does smugness become arrogance?

I've had a chilliblast for about 2 years. Good little system with good support. You get a fair bit for the money and can customise it before you buy.
Me too, probably also about 2 years old, fantastic kit, very customisable and a very good price - the one I chose was cheaper than I could buy the components.

When I bought, there were not many other manufacturers who sold overclocked chips which still came with a warranty and I got all the books and manuals which came with the components they used.

10/10 from me.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Only just realised you're the OP 'Teef. Collar me on a ride and I can go into more detail but I do think the Chilliblasts are decent PCs, I won't say there aren't better machines out there but for a combination of price v performance, their mid-range stuff (around £800) takes some beating.

Not been around long then? Reminds me of the phrase 'I wish I was younger, I am too old to know everything anymore'
wink.gif

Chillblast have been around a long while and they were selling refrigerated overclocked systems that were actually reliable since the time of the Intel Pentium 3. Very, very good reputation for a 'built and configured', rather than a manufactured system. Also, cracking support and they use very good branded parts, but then they need to, or their overclocks wouldn't last. The fact they are still around after so long in such a niche market speaks volumes. 4Ghz/8Gb/1T gaming pc for under a grand ain't bad tbh. Especially with such a warranty. You must remember this isn't Dell, Compaq or 'Cheap PC Clones R Us', but a quality and value added supplier.

Don't get me wrong, I build my own PC's and always have done. but if you want a much faster than stock PC that is reliable and you aren't able to support your own kit, then they are a good choice. You and I may not mind reconfiguring or trouble shooting any issues that may occur, but such a company has to provide that time and effort for the customer which is where the (little) extra money goes.

Sigh. long distant memories of working in PC retail when computers were only owned by geeks
thumbsup.png

Bigsharn

Veteran
Fair enough, being an article writer on a tech website I'd have thought I'd have heard of them, the above posts obviously tell me otherwise so I stand corrected

I still stand by my statement that building your own is a much better solution than buying prebuilt, especially seeing as Sandybridge is out and none of the systems on there use it as of yet.

Thank you all.

(You mean I actually need to sort myself out and ride with you Big Mart? :smile: )

twowheelsgood

Wait a bit and get sandy bridge based kit. i5-2500k gives you easy overclocking with only air cooling. 4 cores at 4.4GHz with a system price of less than £600 (depending on your graphics requirements of course).

Like anything depends wot you need it for. Buy only what you need.

Top Bottom