Chinese Carbon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GfromHull

Cut a long story short, I just bought a new bike (Ribble) I got a really good deal and had some cash left over, so I ordered a carbon frame from china.

Within 20 miles I found a soft spot, another 10 miles you can now feel a soft spot from head set to bottom bracket. it's now scrap.
To look at the tube it still looks fine, no marks cracks or misting.

Just thought I would share, beware..!!

Milo

Guru
Ah Chinese quality control a varied beast at the best of times. It can be ok although personaly something like a bike frame would not be something I would try and get a bargain on especially one made of that new fangled carbon malarkey.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Cut a long story short, I just bought a new bike (Ribble) I got a really good deal and had some cash left over, so I ordered a carbon frame from china.

Within 20 miles I found a soft spot, another 10 miles you can now feel a soft spot from head set to bottom bracket. it's now scrap.
To look at the tube it still looks fine, no marks cracks or misting.

Just thought I would share, beware..!!

Could you describe what you mean by these soft spots?

Milo

Guru
Having spent a few hours not long ago sanding and bodging some modal paint on to the rust spots on my Steel frame it does have the odd flaw I will concede. Still rules though.

Milo

Guru
Its the quality control of their goods that puts me off risking things such as a frame.

Top Bottom