chip shop curry sauce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

...when did it first happen?

Nothing better than a tray of chips, sausage and curry sauce smothered in ketchup and vinegar.

But I can't remember curry sauce being around in chip shops when I was young, but now it is a permanent option.

This must be the greatest unnoticed seismic shift in our national cuisine. It's almost darwinian.

Keith Oates

Janner
Abitrary said:
...when did it first happen?

Nothing better than a tray of chips, sausage and curry sauce smothered in ketchup and vinegar.
But I can't remember curry sauce being around in chip shops when I was young, but now it is a permanent option.

This must be the greatest unnoticed seismic shift in our national cuisine. It's almost darwinian.

You must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I distinctly remember my first encounter with this delicacy - we hitched from Swansea to Manchester for a party in March 1976 and everyone was piling into chips with curry sauce on top - absolutely delicious and to this date never bettered.

MessenJah

Rider
I used to love chip shop curry sauce on battered sausage & chips w/salt & vinegar. I don't think better food exists. In fact, all other food should be banned.

You can get it from Chinese supermarkets (unsuprisingly). Wing Yip in Manchester is brilliant for getting authentic asian stuff. And cheap Tsing Ma beer.

Our nearest Chinese takeaway does small and large, the small is far too large for 2 people though. The excess needs to be bagged otherwise it seeps all over the bin. Why am I boring people with this?????

Night Train

Maker of Things
Can't stand chips and curry sauce, or even chips with a curry for that matter.

When I was a toddler, about 40 years ago, my dad has a Chinese take away opposite a fish and chip shop. The customers used to get their fish from the chippie and cross over to my Dad for the chips and sometimes the curry sauce as well.

Top Bottom