Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yes, I heard a lot on there for the first time
Tindersticks (in session, was my first hearing; 'BearSkin', & such tracks),
The first and the last band in session on the graveyard shift I believe. But bloody hell they were good, weren't they?

The first and the last band in session on the graveyard shift I believe. But bloody hell they were good, weren't they?
Yes they were
Not sure which period/CD I prefer
Maybe the 3rd CD (with the partially finished suits photo), & tracks like 'My Sister', 'Travellin Light', Cherry Blossoms'

Earlier tracks like 'The Not Knowing; are excellent too, with the twin Melodicas, at the start

subaqua

What’s the point
Normally I think Evans is OK , but this morning I had a full on rant at the radio .

The itch and shaving bit FFS mun there's bigger things to worry about .

I think it might be to do with current mental state , but not sure as not sure what's real and what's no at moment.

Ciar

Veteran
Back in the day i liked him, but now i think he's a nobba :crazy:

as for radio, i generally prefer stations playing specific type of music with dj's who dj rather than chat, otherwise i have enough music to keep me happy for several lifetimes ^_^

TreeHuggery

Chris Evans has a somewhat unique ability that perplex’s me...I cannot make my mind up if I can’t stand him, find him annoying or quite like him on the radio? It’s easier with TV, I can’t watch him as he just looks creepy, however when it comes to Radio I enjoy some of the stuff he does but find myself also swearing at the Radio telling him to F**k up when he prattles on! And don’t get me started with his acolytes fawning over him, just read the weather and sport and get back in your box gimps...:cursing:

Is it just me?
can't stand anyone that cheerful in the morning...I don't switch the radio on til after he's finished

I tend not to listen to R2, but Mrs M does; I was in the car today after Mrs M and the radio was tuned to R2, Ken Bruce was on and it was ok(ish). Then that utter bellend Jeremy Vine came on to tell listeners what was on his show later. He's a nobber of the highest order. I switched over.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I tend not to listen to R2, but Mrs M does; I was in the car today after Mrs M and the radio was tuned to R2, Ken Bruce was on and it was ok(ish). Then that utter bellend Jeremy Vine came on to tell listeners what was on his show later. He's a nobber of the highest order. I switched over.

Oh so it's OK when it's a jock nobber but as soon as it's a posh middle-class Englandshire nobber...

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

I think the problem with Jeremy Vine is he’s just an utter *****.
He courts outrage by appealing to the lowest common denominator and pressing folks buttons over whatever hot topic is trending at the moment. Perhaps if he allowed a decent debate with well thought out arguments then I’d listen, however it’s usually two people outraged by the others stance and him weighing in utter drivel and pretending to care.
I don’t give him more than thirty seconds airtime now before switching over.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I like Jeremy Vine, me and I USED to like Chris Evans until he started to believe the records he played were there for his benefit and thought he'd enhance the music BY TALKING ALL OVER THE START of the songs. Can you just imagine Marvin Gaye* in the recording studio and his producer telling him they'll stick any auld garbage on at the beginning as the DJ was only going to talk all over it anyway?

* Insert the name of any music superstar here - or any group/artist you particularly like.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I think the problem with Jeremy Vine is he’s just an utter *****.
He courts outrage by appealing to the lowest common denominator and pressing folks buttons over whatever hot topic is trending at the moment. Perhaps if he allowed a decent debate with well thought out arguments then I’d listen, however it’s usually two people outraged by the others stance and him weighing in utter drivel and pretending to care.
I don’t give him more than thirty seconds airtime now before switching over.

I don't think it's so much Vine as the format of the show. Four main topics based on current affairs given roughly half an hour each. minimal intro, 5 mins each for two people representing either side then 5-10 minutes arguing before being opened up to listener's views on what they've heard. It's shallow and emotive but that applies to all the guest presenters they have too, from Vanessa Feltz to IDS & Miliband.

Top Bottom