Christmas cheer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Staying at the in laws in S. Devon, went out for a ride this morning. On my return my F in law starts on about arrogant cyclists riding 2 abreast, no road tax, cutting junctions. Well, bing the season of good cheer I agreeed with him which enraged him more. He had a hot flush and had to remove his jumper!
We've just made stuffing together, he still loves me, and I'm 100% sure he's bought me a new bike for christmas.....:laugh:

Blue

Legendary Member
I hope you use all the rebuttals from the 'Myths and Rebuttals' thread in 'Commuting' on him when he's in a good mood - just to get him out of it again!! :evil: :whistle:

Have a happy Christmas, all of you.

I went for a wee ride this morning drivers were full of the festive cheer, not! Despite the roads being empty (at a guess one car every 3-5 mins) I first had the driver behind me not being happy with me sitting out 3ft from the kerb on a downhill even though the road was straight and wide; there was 55mph gusts so there was no way I was riding in the gutter. To show their disgust at me not instantly vanishing into the gutter at the sound of their parp they overtook just 3-5 inches from my bars :-( Further along the coast I met another driver who just went straight through where I would have been cutting me up on the tight corner. Full of the festive spirit, judging by his driving he certainly was (the alcoholic kind). Quite a while later, when I was almost home, I got the usual muppet passenger shout (probably still drunk from the night before), I think it was 'you'll be getting an ambulance for Christmas'; I just retorted with 'aye and Merry Christmas to you too' it seemed to shut him up.

Anyway Merry Christmas to one and all!

Top Bottom