Cl*rkes C*aches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
At quarter to 5 I had the displeasure of being driven at by a Clarkes of London coach, for the simple fact of being in front of him.

I tried to wave him back to give me room but he just kept gunning the engine and giving me a two finger salute.
When got out my camera and took a pic of his reg, he swung the coach at me.

Needless to say I have dispatched a stinging missive to the company about the behavior of the driver and wonder if I should report it to the Police?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might be worth while and mention to the coach firm that they have been reported !

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Report it. I've decided to report all the incidents i have, especially when its a company vehicle that i have the problem with.

Were you triking or biking? Not that it matters, just curious about his perception of your space on the road.

Words fail me about this: You on a bike and him threatining you in a coach - Big man eh! Grrrr..

Report it in person to the coach company and perchance you'll come across him, whereupon you can take him quietly to one side........Best not eh. No report him, best course of action.

And finally make yourself a nice cuppa, breathe and relax .........again, breathe and relax.....

Maz

Guru
I'm not condoning the drivers actions, but is it possible he misinterpeted your hand gesture?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
No I put my arm out, made eye contact and mouthed, 'Please Pull Back',
that was when I got the two fingers....
I was on the road bike, in primary in an ASL box at a red light, he simply expected me to move out of the way which I refused to do as that put me in the gutter.

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm off to see the Boys In Blue!
I did tell the company I'd be reporting the incident BTW.

bonj2

saw a notice in chester services about something called "Professional Driver Competence" certificate or something, it was basically saying it was an industry standard competence qualification that all lorry drivers will have to have by sept 2008 and all bus drivers by sept 2009, or v.v., could be something worth looking into.
Might not apply yet, but worth bearing in mind.
Anyone else seen notices about this/know what i mean?

Where did it happen – they are based in Sydenham – might be worth a visit if you are close by – MD’s find it harder to fob you off face to face…

Top Bottom