cleaning white cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I can feel the waves of derision coming my way. 'What were you thinking of?'

Now that you've got it out of your system, do any of you know of a way to clean white cycling shoes? Feel free to PM me if you don't fancy outing yourself as a white shoe person.

adscrim

Veteran
There must be some chavs in SW2 you can ask - their whities always sparkle!

Failing that, Vanish, Nappysan or equivalent.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
sani-life-06-16-1952-098.jpg

accountantpete

Brexiteer
A little washing powder dissolved in warm water usually does the trick (not that I have white shoes!) and you can clean your tea cup out with it afterwards.

MajorMantra

I think a washing machine might wreck the sole or cleat plate - wouldn't recommend that. I believe isopropyl alcohol may work on white shoes, haven't tried it though. At the moment my GORGEOUS BLINGY WHITE* Sidis are staying grubby.

Matthew

*Just thought I'd out myself emphatically.

ChrisKH

Guru
MajorMantra said:
I think a washing machine might wreck the sole or cleat plate - wouldn't recommend that. I believe isopropyl alcohol may work on white shoes, haven't tried it though. At the moment my GORGEOUS BLINGY WHITE* Sidis are staying grubby.

Matthew

*Just thought I'd out myself emphatically.

Possibly a good tip as it works wonders on car brake drums and discs. However expect concerned questioning from the chemist when you go to buy it.

Garz

Squat Member
fossyant said:
Buy black shoes next time ! ;)

I did!

Then the bolt underneath the shoe sheared as it was a faulty pair, they said I could get some black replacements but would take a week to restock at the lbs.
They had them in white, and now that I had em for a while they actually look better than black.

Besides as im constantly wearing overshoes lately.. they're black anyway. :angry:

nickprior

Veteran
Windscreen cleaning wipes - they leave a nasty smear all over the windows but the shoes come up a treat. er, so I've been told by someone who actually owns a pair of white ....

Mac66

Yes ok I am outed too.

White shoes. No excuses, like black not available etc.

And white bike too...have I gone too far?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Garz said:
I did!

Then the bolt underneath the shoe sheared as it was a faulty pair, they said I could get some black replacements but would take a week to restock at the lbs.
They had them in white, and now that I had em for a while they actually look better than black.

Besides as im constantly wearing overshoes lately.. they're black anyway. :biggrin:

Yes white do look fab, but not for long..... I was 'not using my Spesh BG Pro's in rubbish weather' (black) when new, but decided they were a much better fit than my old Sidi's....sooooo.....sod it..... :laugh:

White shoes are pretty flash though......

Top Bottom