Cleats for singlespeed/fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
New to the forum hey

Just needed to know is it worth getting cleats on a singlespeed

If so which are good? Read other posts and seeing stuff like kools or looks or something loool but they wear out?

Help

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I use Shimano spd's (mtb ones) on all my bikes including the fixed and the ss as that is what is the bottom of my cycling shoes.

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Cheers. I currently have toe straps but feel like an upgrade. Any particular make and model? Any links about? Nd oh yeah shoes too

For the shoes sizing is not same as trainers i've found so try the shoe I like in a store... then get cheapest price online...!!!!

In my Shimano spd shoes I was one size down from my normal shoe size.

SPD's on my Langster as couldn't warrant buying another pair of Speedplay's to match my road bike.

+1 for obscure sizing on cycling shoes, but never heard of anyone needed a size down. Rule of thumb is always go up one size, but hey everyones different I guess.

Not really fair to use your LBS to get fitted then go and order on line, but I'll leave that to your conscience :thumbsup:

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member
Shimano it is. Any particular or are they all jus as good?

Don't want to over do it neither still need to get some shoes for it

OP
OP
musa

musa

Über Member

Cheers I'll have a look in a store maybe Evans or something

Sleeper

Just got my first set - Shim R077's on SPD-SL with R540 pedals. Very nice, great fit, comfy and airy!
biggrin.gif

edit - got all from CRC as they were the best package price
thumbsup.png

SPD's on my Langster as couldn't warrant buying another pair of Speedplay's to match my road bike.

+1 for obscure sizing on cycling shoes, but never heard of anyone needed a size down. Rule of thumb is always go up one size, but hey everyones different I guess.

Not really fair to use your LBS to get fitted then go and order on line, but I'll leave that to your conscience :thumbsup:

Not an LBS but major chain wouldn't try that on with any of the small shops..... but hey if a major chain won't price match then they can make money on other items.

Top Bottom