Clip Pedals and Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

Im a bit tight up after buying my new bike, but I seriously need some clip pedals and shoes to replace the crappy standard pedals and trainers combination.

I was looking at the DHB road shoes...
HERE

They say that their shoes are compatable with ALL clip pedals, but just to confirm, would the above shoes be able to fit any of the following pedals...

Time Xen Pedals

Look Keo Pedals

Shimano PD-R540 Pedals

Im open to any suggestions/recomendations of any of these 3. BTW, do you think the shoes look better in black or the white/red???

Cheers

longers

Legendary Member
Those shoes will fit all of those pedals, I'm not sure if each type of pedal uses a different type of cleat specific to the pedal though. Someone will be along who knows more than me.
I use the Looks and they do me fine but I haven't used the other types to be able to compare.

I think the shoes look better in white/red.

RedBike

Yep, you're be fine with all those.

Stick with the Keos or Time.

Look have just release the 'Keo Easy'. They're cheaper than the classics, almost as light as the Keo carbons and aimed at anyone new to clipless pedals. Not actually tried the Keo-easy but i've been riding the keo carbons for a few years now and love them.

yenrod

Ive some Time Impact pedals:

Product_139979.jpg

You can have them for the postage if you want...though they've a few scratches.

No cleats though!

Those DHB shoes aint too bad i was looking a them too !

Though if your a 43 id look at some shoes simonali has for sale. £ 30 quid too - good value for a retail of £90+.

sidiik8.jpg

roadiewill said:
Im a bit tight up after buying my new bike, but I seriously need some clip pedals and shoes to replace the crappy standard pedals and trainers combination.

I was looking at the DHB road shoes...
HERE

They say that their shoes are compatable with ALL clip pedals, but just to confirm, would the above shoes be able to fit any of the following pedals...

Time Xen Pedals

Look Keo Pedals

Shimano PD-R540 Pedals

Im open to any suggestions/recomendations of any of these 3. BTW, do you think the shoes look better in black or the white/red???

Cheers

simonali

Guru
Thanks for the ad, yenners, but the shoes are sold! :evil:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
RedBike said:
Yep, you're be fine with all those.

Stick with the Keos or Time.

Look have just release the 'Keo Easy'. They're cheaper than the classics, almost as light as the Keo carbons and aimed at anyone new to clipless pedals. Not actually tried the Keo-easy but i've been riding the keo carbons for a few years now and love them.

However, there is no tensioning bolt. So if they are loose and you want to tighten them up, you cant.
I have the Look Keos. I like them, and they were my first clipless pedals.
As for the shoes, go for the ones that match your bike, if they will match your bike. The shoes i have match them, not that you can tell because i have overshoes on.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

yeah, im hopefully gonna go for the red shoes, matching the bike. Im building up quite a nice red colour scheme, with a red/silver/black frame, red shoes, red cages, red jersey...

Top Bottom