Close Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
So reserved at being opinionated about the driver :bravo:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
So dont worry im not about to start uploading all close passes etc.
I am pleased to hear that but you can join the Cyclons Non-incident Incident Club for free and you will get brownie points. I am not a member but a former member forwarded his brownie poins chart to me:-

Anything that looks like a close pass - 1 point
As above but with swearing - 2 points
Screaming at passenger or driver - 3 points
2 pages or more on this forum or 10 comments on youtube - 3 points
Driver gets out of car - 4 points
5 pages or more on this forum or 30 comments on youtube - 7 points
If another member suggests it was a deliberate attack - 8 points
If another member suggests an uograde to attempted ABH or GBH - 10 points
If another member suggests an uograde to attempted murder- 25 points

Points can also be deducted:-
Daring to suggest that it may be your fault -2 points
Admitting it was your fault -5 points
Not posting an agreeable reply -7 points
Failure to post at least 1 non-incident a month -10 poilnt
No videos on this forum or youtube - loss of all points, 6 months ban and must use the signature line on this forum of 'I am a camera hater'

Jezston

Über Member

No, totally the driver's fault 100%.

Walking down a dark alley at night doesn't make it 'your fault' if you got mugged. Of course there are steps you can take to help avoiding the situation and it's good to know them, but it's still 100% the muggers 'fault' if you get mugged. If the mugger gets arrested the judge is hardly going to go "well I would award the thief 4 years but as the victim was stupid by walking down a dark alley at night I'm going to say it's 50/50 and send them both down for 2 years each" ;)

Victim blaming is an ugly thing.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
^ what he said.

It's probably a bad idea to leave your car unlocked, but that doesn't mean it's anyone's fault other than the thief if your stereo is stolen.

Responsibility, maybe. We should all take sensible steps to protect ourselves, whether that's locking our front door, avoiding dangerous areas, and cycling defensively.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Terrible pass. The driver would probably blame you for not using the spacious and wonderfully-surfaced cycle lane to his left.

OP
OP
addictfreak
As I said my main reason for posting was merely to test my ability to edit my camera footage and post it if necessary. For all those peeps who have signed up to followed my youtube adventures, you masy be a little disappointed lol.

But thanks for the opinions etc

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's not 100% drivers fault at all. It's 50/50, you made the mistake of giving the driver a chance and the driver made a mistake by taking it.
Always assert yourself by taking primary at pinch points...always... no exceptions.

Reactions: gaz

goody

Veteran
The bike rider was riding along that road maintaining a fairly constant distance from the kerb at a fairly constant speed.
The van driver was travelling along that road could see the cyclist and the approaching pinch point but still decided to overtake. The fact that his vehicle came into close proximity with the cyclist was 100% his responsibility, he did have the choice to hold back and overtake after the pinch point.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The bike rider was riding along that road maintaining a fairly constant distance from the kerb at a fairly constant speed.
The van driver was travelling along that road could see the cyclist and the approaching pinch point but still decided to overtake. The fact that his vehicle came into close proximity with the cyclist was 100% his responsibility, he did have the choice to hold back and overtake after the pinch point.

He did have the choice, but he didn't take it because the cyclist gave him the chance.
One cannot assume that under any circumstances a driver will hold back.

Top Bottom