Clothing advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shades.5

Hi all not long into cycling need some advice , have shorts , top helmit , glasses etc , cycle to work most days and am going to do a 100 miler in a few weeks time , so am looking for some help in choosing a waterproof and windproof top also is it worth getting waterproof bottoms or just get wet legs and grin and bear it , que advice please

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I bought some waterproof bottoms about a year ago & have only used them once. I'd rather just get wet, unless it's really cold, but it should still be warm in a few weeks when you do your ride :smile:

bonj2

jacket - most expensive dhb one. they're great value.
i've got that actual one and it's great generally. Styling's really nice.

don't bother with bottoms,if it's only in a few weeks time it won't be that cold so just wear shorts, they're much better than longs as they don't hold loads of water and get soggy

mr_cellophane said:
Isn't doing 100 miles when you are a little foolish ?

Not at all, I started to do rides of 140 miles several times a year on a fitness base composed entirely of 30 minute commutes.

Mudguards and/ or waterproof trousers. If the roads are wet 100 miles of spray from the back wheel will give you a very soggy and miserably uncomfortable bum crack.

Top Bottom