Clothing Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve607

Hi,
I would like some clothing advice for my daughter. She's 13 and just got into cycling. I know I should really sort it out myself, but I know what I should get for her, I'm just thinking about what stores would sell kid's cycling clothes?
Anything I should definately include?

Thanks,
Steve.

Hello Steve and welcome!

Much the same with an adult starting cycling, really.

Helmet, sun glasses, wind/rain jacket, jersey, shorts (bib shorts are more comfortable, but for a child, maybe just shorts?), leggings/armings, rain/wind trousers, cycling shoes to clip onto pedals (if cycling is more than a hobby or means of transport), padded gloves etc.

Anyway, here is wiggle's offering of junior clothing.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/c/Cycle/7/Kids_Stuff/

Good luck! :sad:

wafflycat

Decathlon do kids stuff, so if you've got one locally, worth a pop in. Good value.

Wiggle are prompt with delivery.

Primal Wear have an online factory outlet and if I were a young girlie, there's stuff I'd *adore* having..

http://www.primal-sports.com/c-22-jerseys.aspx

Ditto for the Team Eastrogen web site

http://www.teamestrogen.com/categories.asp?catID=85

If you get to the Mildenhall Cycle Show on August Bank Holiday weekend - there's often a clothing bargain to be had.

Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative have an online store doing kids stuff

Try H*lf**ds...

Of course, dependent on her size, she may well be into the size of women's kit in a small or even larger (some manufacturers seem to think women are 5 feet tall and that's it)

Basics -

Padded cycle shorts (can be worn under 'leggings' if preferred)
jersey (long/shortsleeved)
waterproof jacket
padded palm gloves
stiff soled shoes
optional lid

Don't forget the essentials for the bike: spare tubes, pump, LIGHTS (FRONT & BACK), tyre levers, mudguards for wet weather/winter riding

OP
OP
S

Steve607

Thanks, it's great to have finally found a forum, dedicated so much to cycling!:biggrin:

Wiggle, they are top on my list at the moment. I love their stuff, it's affordable, look's great quality, everything someone could need.

Primal, and Team Eastrogen, they look nice, but unfortunately, both in dollars. I really need suppliers from the UK. Lovely kit though.

Halfords... been there, done that. I asked a women behind the counter for a couple of things yesterday, they didn't have any of it, not even glasses. I know they've got them on the web-site, but it's always nice to try and test before buying.

Mmm, cycle shows are a possibility.

Thanks for the advice Dayvo and wafflycat :biggrin:

Steve.

yello

WIggle's dhb brand stuff gets good reviews and is affordable. Have a look at the sale lines too. There are often darned good bargains to be had in the less popular sizes; sizes that may be right for your daughter.

You can shop around and save a few quid here and there but, for me, Wiggle is my first port of call and I'll invariably order from them.

OP
OP
S

Steve607

I'm taking everyone's adcice and sticking with Wiggle. Like you say, it sells quality products, at affordable prices, and quick delivery!

wafflycat said:
Both Primal & Team Estogen deliver to the UK
I was wondering about that, I will take another look at their site. :smile:

wafflycat

I've had several items from Primal - for my son. Delivery good. Haven't personal experience of Team Estrogen, but know of others who have and no complaints I'm aware of

Top Bottom