Clothing for Road Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The gloves would far to warm for summer use, you need a fingerless mitt...

Never tried any of the other stuff but can see why there would be any problem with it...

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

HJ said:

Never tried any of the other stuff but can see why there would be any problem with it...

Yeah I was thinking about getting fingerless, I may get fingerless and get the gloves I linked when it comes closer to winter. Thanks.

Ben M

I don't think that those shoes are compatible with those pedals. Those are mountainbike pedals (SPD) whereas those are road shoes, which take 3-bolt Time, Look, Shimano SPD-SL and 2-bolt Shimano SPD-R cleats.

If you're getting road shoes you should get road pedals.

Bear in mind, if you want to be able to walk any sort of distance in your cycling shoes, you need to look at mountain bike/ touring shoes, if you do go for mtb/touring shoes, then the pedals which you specified.

The small metal SPD cleat won't be very walkable and probably pretty slippy. You might want to consider a pair of MTB shoes (I have the almost identical BG MTB Sport) or another pedal type, like spd-sl (a plastic type with rubber grips for waddling on).

Like what they ^^^ said.

gavintc

Guru
Get some bibs rather than shorts. Apart from that, you have a reasonable starter for 10. Your next purchase should be a rain jacket, arm warmers, overshoes, leg warmers, buff.......I am afraid the list can go on and on.

D4VOW

If you need to be able to walk on your shoes then those pedals are ideal and come highly recommended just about everywhere. However, like others have said you will need to choose a pair of MTB shoes, road shoes wont fit the cleats.

Sittingduck said:
Allow me to endorse these for summer use! :blush:

SD

You're paying £5 of that just because it's a cycling name. This type of glove is around £5 in other sports.

HJ said:

These are very similar to my summer gloves. They are very thin and breathable and wick moisture away from the hands. I would choose them over mitts every time. Personal preference though :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
aJohnson said:
Could anyone recommend a good protective helmet please.
Bell Venture. No bells, no whistles, one adult size fits all, comfy, well vented, good choice of colours, good value. Good protection to the back of the head, removeable visor, looks cool. Should be able to pick one up around the £25 mark on ebay powersellers.

Top Bottom