Club Runs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedo

Looking for input into a new web site feature I have been asked to develop.
What information would you expect to find , when looking on the club web page relating to "Club Runs "
eg; meeting point / time / distance / pace etc etc. ??
All comments welcomed
Cheers

PpPete

Legendary Member
Some way of downloading route, maybe as a GPX file or in Google maps maybe. Newbies may want to see the route, or even go over it at their own pace before going out with the club?

Any pit stops (pubs?) planned?

what to bring. my local club says more or less any bike, any clothing, so long as you have 2 spare inner tubes....

PK99

Legendary Member
speedo said:
Looking for input into a new web site feature I have been asked to develop.
What information would you expect to find , when looking on the club web page relating to "Club Runs "
eg; meeting point / time / distance / pace etc etc. ??
All comments welcomed
Cheers

some indication as to the "level" ie is the club run a training outing or social ride with training taking place at other times

Is the "average speed" the door to door average or the typical flat road rolling speed.v

cyclecraig

Our club Southport CC has an easier club run on a saturday and a hard core one on the sunday.

Saturdays is around 50 mile with a cafe stop and done at a very easy pace.

Sundays is usually around 80 miles with at least 2 climbs and pushing on the flat roads.
The sunday run tends to be every man for himself on the way back and the group does usually splinter into a few groups whereas the Saturday ride always sticks together no matter how much someone is struggling.

Top Bottom