C'mon hands Up who left their steed at home today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edge705

Well not me but half way into my commute I wish I had as 30mph winds with 40mph gusts full in me face took their toll seemed like an age to get to work refused to use the small ring but right on the limit with 48/25 at times Knackered when I got to work legs like jelly the slowest ever time recorded for me getting to work manged to avoid the sub 10mph club but only just at times :whistle:

One highlight school kid on clapped out mountain bike coming the other way legs abreast stuck out like a windmill bike flying he was loving it I bet he'll leave it at school though as the winds never eased the whole day

Supposed to be worst day of the week tomorrow I might go to work using the inland route for a bit of shelter the last thing I want is a promenade bin flying at me like the one that just missed me this morning.

I hate wind with an absolute passion but on the plus side you dont have to fight for a place in the bike sheds at work thats for sure

so to all you commuetrs that ventured out today II'll raise a glass it sure was one for the die hards

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It was a nice ride in this morning but this evening was very hard work.
It would have to be blowing a force 10 gale for me not to cycle commute.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm with you, that was a tough one today (crawling downhill at 10mph is not my idea of fun). Well done for making it round. As for inland route - I don't have one (I work on the coast), so back out in the wind again tomorrow
icon_confused.gif

At least it should be fun on the way home :biggrin:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Rode in with the wind behind me. Then got sent up to a meeting without any notice.

The 14-mile ride home against the wind wasn't as much fun though!

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Well not me but half way into my commute I wish I had as 30mph winds with 40mph gusts full in me face took their toll seemed like an age to get to work refused to use the small ring but right on the limit with 48/25 at times Knackered when I got to work legs like jelly the slowest ever time recorded for me getting to work manged to avoid the sub 10mph club but only just at times :whistle:

One highlight school kid on clapped out mountain bike coming the other way legs abreast stuck out like a windmill bike flying he was loving it I bet he'll leave it at school though as the winds never eased the whole day

Supposed to be worst day of the week tomorrow I might go to work using the inland route for a bit of shelter the last thing I want is a promenade bin flying at me like the one that just missed me this morning.

I hate wind with an absolute passion but on the plus side you dont have to fight for a place in the bike sheds at work thats for sure

so to all you commuetrs that ventured out today II'll raise a glass it sure was one for the die hards

This morning wasn't a problem. This evening, the train door opened , I stepped out and damn near got back on again....!

HovR

Über Member
Not too bad this morning over here in Gloucestershire - Slowed down by 5 or 10 MPH at times, but it could be worse!

Buddfox

Veteran
Coming along the Embankment tonight I practically came to a stand still at one point! Never felt that before - but it's all good exercise...

dhd.evans

Veteran
Left it yesterday under the guise of 'taking a midweek break'. Braved it this morning, average speeds of about 12mph. Slowest time into work I've ever posted (almost an hour).

Still, this shows i've got 16pmh tailwind ALL the way home! Huzzah!

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Like the OP I'm in Thornton-Cleveleys near Blackpool, wimped out yesterday and today (did need to pick something up I couldn't carry on the bike though so seemed a good excuse) - the wind here isn't something you mess with! Friday's looking good for a morning blast down the prom though :biggrin:

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
I think I got snowed on this morning. I'm not ready to accept that just yet so I'm sticking with the possibility it was something else. White rain, volcanic ash...something.

OP
OP
Edge705

Edge705

Typical :wub: Chose the inland route today over Ballam big gust threw me into a ditch came flying off the bike luckily my backpack saved any serious injury but my bananas were not so lucky :wacko:

Somehow i think a promenade bin flying across the road looks a better proposition in future

Thankfully me garmin survived without any scratches as did the trusty steed apart from one or two scratches to the wheels However my arm and side of my thigh was not so lucky they are currently short of a layer of skin :sad:

One point of note As a driver myself i stop short of giving them too much stick on these forums but the several that went passed me as i stood by the bike checking it over didnt even bother to slow down as they passed its a 60mph country road !! so to get me own back i'll be practicing the primary position on the way home :tongue:

Top Bottom