Coast to Coast Scotland Routes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nate89

As above really, im looking for a good coast to coast route in Scotland. All i can really find in any searches for coast to coast routes is in England. Any suggestions?

simon_brooke

How far north do you want to start? Forth-Clyde's dead easy, you can do it in an afternoon. The Great Glen is easy too with terrific scenery but mostly flat - two days easy, one day possible. Anything in between is going to be lumpy.

OP
OP
N

Nate89

simon_brooke said:
How far north do you want to start? Forth-Clyde's dead easy, you can do it in an afternoon. The Great Glen is easy too with terrific scenery but mostly flat - two days easy, one day possible. Anything in between is going to be lumpy.

Hmm...where can i find details on the Great Glen?

We performed the "Forth -Clyde" and am going back this year to follow the Canal Network between Glasgow and Edinburgh via Falkirk

joesteve

Stranraer to Berwick on Tweed via New Luce, Newton Stewart, New Galloway, Lockerbie, Eskdalemuir, Selkirk, Melrose. Lots of quiet backroads to choose from and main railway stations at both ends. We did this over a long weekend, approx 200 miles.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
joesteve said:
Stranraer to Berwick on Tweed via New Luce, Newton Stewart, New Galloway, Lockerbie, Eskdalemuir, Selkirk, Melrose. Lots of quiet backroads to choose from and main railway stations at both ends. We did this over a long weekend, approx 200 miles.

That sound really good, I don't suppose you could put it on a mapping site like this one, please?

joesteve

This to the best of my recollection was the route although there were many unmarked junctions on some of the back roads. We did it over three day and stayed at the pub in New Galloway and with relatives outside Melrose. Scenery was fantastic, roads very quiet and we had a tail wind the whole day. Don't miss the Samye Ling Buddhist monastery at Eskdalemuir absolutley bizarre place.

Cheers

Joe

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/South-of-Scotland-coast-to-coast

Top Bottom